Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

It goes well with 5r, the rabbit from Watership Down, and 5l, the mouse from An American Tail.

11 Likes

Agents of chaos.

21 Likes

Well, actually Cat 5e is a kind of ethernet cable used in computer networks. I used the box as a makeshift plate for the hungry cat.

6 Likes

Male goldeneyes:

Mallard pair next to the tiniest willow with catkins:

20 Likes

Fun Play GIF by BBC America

8 Likes

Our jetsetting daughter and her husband flew off to Vegas for a sold out K Pop show at Allegiant Stadium so we were kitten sitting for a couple days.

We’ve given up on grandkids but grand kitties are cheaper and just as fun.

These are the two kittens they adopted recently from the shelter she volunteers at.

My wife’s can tell them apart, I can not.

19 Likes

Lasers!!!

Happy Cat Lady GIF by Felini Rocks

15 Likes

One has the little white bib, the other does not.
Both are exceedingly adorable!

Do they like the little ball toy where they bat it around the circle? We got one of those for our cats but no one played with it so we gave it to the shelter.

11 Likes

And that’s why I would make a horrible eyewitness but now that I know I still have to remember their names and which one has the white.

They are named Aly and Winston.

They weren’t playing with the ball thing when we were there but she says they love it.

11 Likes

We’ve been watching Secrets of the Zoo on Nat Geo for a couple hours.

So has Mr. Feral.

16 Likes

Too Cute Awww GIF by Sappy Seals

10 Likes

I bought one for my three beasties a while back (Aldi Aisle of Shame purchase), and after a perfunctory tap or two they all ignored it. I gave it to my kitten fostering neighbor, and most of his kittens have enjoyed it. Maybe it’s a kitten thing?

10 Likes

He was sick for a few days, but he’s slowly getting better. Today’s heat made him a little lethargic again. The authorities said the apparent temperature was 62 °C by the noon.

20 Likes

Holy crap! Cats are descended from a desert species, but that’s incredible (not in a good way)!

(Off topic, but are you and family managing ok?)

11 Likes

Humans and cats are ok, thanks. This last spasm of Summer is suffocating but I hope It won’t last. Yesterday’s offficial temperature was 42 °C. The meteorologists say We will get mild wheather this week.

Last night I saw some people walking their dogs with funny shoes. I think It was for preventing burns from the hot sidewalks.

13 Likes

That’s fairly common here in the summer. To the extent anyone is crazy enough to walk their dog between 10am and 7pm, which most people are not when it is over 90f (32C). Most people who have dogs go diurnal. Walkies very early or past sunset.

12 Likes

It reminds me an old Noel Coward’s song…

7 Likes

Most of our cats have liked the ball-track things when they were young (a few still do), but there are a few that learn early on how to pull the balls out… I assume there are a few of those balls hiding under the fridge and behind furniture. I usually just stick in whatever substitute I can find. The street kitty we currently have in the guest bathroom is one that pulls the ball out (probably easier since it is a hollow rubber substitute)

10 Likes

The good boy.

19 Likes

The Bunny on the Shelf.

Best holiday story ever!

Iz sleepies:

20 Likes