Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

What about “an abide of koalas”, after “the Dude abides”?

12 Likes

ETA

first time GIF

Visiting the vet isn’t a walk in the park.

16 Likes

Mr. Feral is exhausted today.

She’s been wandering around more vocal than usual since she lost her brother.

18 Likes

Interesting editorial choices made by the Washington Post. Now felines write op-eds.

11 Likes

↓ If at first you don’t succeed…

Beavers. Zoom in for teeth marks. (Crosby Farm Park in St Paul, MN. The Mississippi River is in the background)

↓ Ah, success. (The trees of the first photo are just behind this tree, at the left.)

↓ Here is the whole tree, so you see how big it is (can you see my bicycle leaning against it, looking diminutive?) (Actually the tree was even taller than that—humans had sawed off the topmost branches, which must have been blocking the path.) Obviously a tree this big is too big for a beaver to carry away. They did take a few of the upper branches, though. Why they didn’t just take down some smaller trees, of which there are plenty everywhere, I do not know :woman_shrugging:t2:

18 Likes

ETA

19 Likes

My guess is a bunch of beavers daring each other. “Hold my beer, let me give it a try”"

12 Likes

I suppose that they’re just simply driven to gnaw at trees—because their teeth never stop growing—and therefore, why not choose a big tree to work on?

But I like to imagine that they enjoy a challenge, as you suggest, and also that they like leaving sculptural artifacts around for human folks to stumble upon and marvel at.

9 Likes

Assuming people are the intended audience – beavers are very territorial, though I have only heard about them marking it through scent. You can probably get a very nice selection of branches from a big tree though.

10 Likes

Oh, you are making too much sense :wink:

By which I mean: that’s a good point, I hadn’t really thought about it in terms of getting a good selection of branches.

:deciduous_tree: :beaver: :deciduous_tree: :beaver: :deciduous_tree: :beaver: :deciduous_tree: :beaver: :deciduous_tree: :beaver: :deciduous_tree: :beaver:
(hmm, the scale seems a bit off…) (that beaver’s gonna need a bigger beer…)

9 Likes

Baby blue eyes.

Edited because I forgot tho sharpen the photo.

20 Likes

gus sorola money GIF by Rooster Teeth

9 Likes

This cat has several siblings. Each one of them are as beautiful as he is. As they are feral cats, they don’t let anyone get close to pet them.

12 Likes

Monkey Reaction GIF by Justin

9 Likes

disappointed fifth element GIF

9 Likes

@chgoliz @Grey_Devil

At least I could give some food for one of them. This guy loved the food, specially the broth.

20 Likes

You’ve named the cat, and you call him “Five Eee” ? That’s his personalized serving dish, I take it? :wink:

Cat 5e.Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 11.37.44 AM

13 Likes

The “e” suffix means it’s on its fifth life.
Just like in Star Trek with the Enterprises.

8 Likes
11 Likes

Come to think of it, it sounds like code for a prisoner in a clandestine prison or top-secret experiment. “Run!! The Cat 5e is on the loose!”

6 Likes