Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

from

19 Likes

Reminds me of this:

16 Likes

we made this trip up the mainland to mum’s old place in Pasco Co. for a memorial service for our long time friend. we were greeted by an old friend, this sandhill crane and his harem that we used to feed. i like to think he remembered me, he made a low, clicking sound as i approached and let me snap some pictures.

these guys don’t migrate and live here year-round. they really DNGAF anout people until they have their hatchlings, then it’s back off!

22 Likes

TOE BEANS! Nimbus is absolutely passed out against my husband’s leg

21 Likes

The cracks are showing… I’m actually really grateful Fuzz-bot cleaned that stinky bottom. Way to take one for the team, grandpa kitty

20 Likes

Very different than ours up in Indiana, who very much DO migrate!

My favorite bird, I think.

13 Likes

they are spectacular birds, to be sure! i have some fantastic videos of two males, dancing - hopping, flapping their wings and honk-trumpeting that incredible song they make. they are truly the coolest when they dance!
the pod(?) brood(?), family of cranes have lived here for a long, long time. mum lived here 30 years. her first encounter with this family was when one particular bird approached the house with his mate and two litte long-legged puff balls of chicks. the male had only two toes on one foot, and was known throughout the neighborhood as “Two Toes” (original, i know).i want to believe that, on this wake for mum’s very bestest of besties, as we gather at the house across from where mum lived all those years, the descendants of Two Toes also have come to pay their respects to one of the very finest women i have ever known, Mary Wilson. may the road rise to meet her. always.

and to the sandhill cranes of Pasco County… squawk on, you magnificent beauties, you!

14 Likes

A n update about Kiki’s broken legs:

• Ten days ago, the cast on the hind leg was removed; that gave her much more freedom of movement and in a few days she was again roaming the house, climbing on lower furniture (chairs, sofas, beds) and generally more active and visibly much happier and playful. The leg out of the cast looks in good shape, and she uses it almost naturally.

(in the background, some of my daughter’s paintings, on the floor the rocking tablet I use to exercise my recently broken ankle)

• Two days ago, she had a small surgery to remove the plate in her front leg. Everything looks OK with good sign of the bone healing. She is now a bit unhappy (the cone again, stitches etc.: every week she had had some medical procedure, I think she’s quite stressed by now - stitches removal in a couple week, should be the last of it).

Bonus picture, a beaver I encountered yesterday evening on my way to friends (cats are in Italy, I’m just back in Sweden):

22 Likes

And @FloridaManJefe

We’ve been seeing a lot more of those in Michigan.

One has been hanging out in the same place in the marsh near the edge of the highway for several days.

We just realized there was a baby. Never seen a mini crane.

If the weather clears up we’re gonna go for a long walk and try to get a picture of the baby.

15 Likes

21 Likes

White wagtails - male (inquisitive) and female (power strut):

motacilla_alba

19 Likes

donald duck disney GIF

12 Likes

So glad Kiki is doing well. Lovely name too

11 Likes

If anyone is interested the dog agility competition is on Fox Sports.

It’s kind of fun to watch.

One of the dogs got a little lost and I couldn’t help thinking thank god it’s not Noem’s dog.

11 Likes

Sounds lovely!

Guardians Of The Galaxy Dog GIF by PlayStation

8 Likes

These dogs are amazing, if I were a handler I’d get lost on the course.

I’ve never seen so many happy dogs.

Here are some highlights from this year. At 5:41 don’t blink or you’ll miss, the dog is on fire.

The really short dogs are running now, the jumps were lowered, it’s cute but still very impressive.

14 Likes

I’m not surprised the very first pupper is a border collie! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

But yeah, the dog at 5:41!!!

Amazing Season 6 GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

11 Likes

I had an Aussie. What they and border collies do best is curves. A course like that is made for that kind of dog.

11 Likes

My aunt’s border Collie rescues really like watching these competitions

13 Likes

Look at them. Plotting.

Oh no, they’re being joined by the squirrels!

17 Likes