Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

Went to Cantigny Park yesterday to look at the formal gardens. Some beds seemed strangely bare.

Wait what’s that in the back corner…

20 Likes

Oh No Omg GIF by The Office

14 Likes

from

13 Likes

8 Likes

Clockwork mouse.

22 Likes

had to go down to Islamorada this morning. upon return, was greeted by this iggie up on the roof. he seems to be amused about something.

i hear this guy around sun up every morning, running back and forth over the rooftop like a cat with the zoomies.

23 Likes

gareth edwards japanese GIF

18 Likes

The front yard under the big oak tree is seething with these noisy guys today. Not only is it LOUD, but there are clumsy airborne nuisances when I go outside. I still kinda like them, though. Kiddo has identified their screaming as alternating between C and C sharp. (Brood 19)

19 Likes

Trying to call out CICADA but sadly the scale has no I, so that is as far as it can get.

12 Likes

Nimbus is growing well

The Princess is having stomach issues. We’ve been to the vet and it might be a partial blockage but they are not sure. Second set of X-rays today. Hoping the radiologist will be able to say for certain it is or isn’t and really hoping it is moving. Meanwhile she seems to be feeling much better and able to eat. Giving multiple small meals with extra water mixed in. I’m incredibly stressed about it.

This is her right now. We think she flicks her tail on purpose. If she isn’t doing it on purpose, she needs to tuck it away. Nimbus thinks her tail is a toy

21 Likes

Cicada Life Cycle as re-enacted by humans

8 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Fingers crossed for the Princess.
Kinda makes me wonder if what came across as stand-offishness when you first brought Nimbus home was actually her just not feeling great. I so wish they could tell us.
As for the tail thing, I’m convinced they flick them on purpose sometimes to tempt other kitties and sometimes humans. Even when ill, she’s being the fun nanny.

12 Likes

I really wish I could just ask her how she is feeling. We are careful about temptations like rubber bands and string. I keep racking my brain trying to come up with what she could have eaten that would cause an obstruction, even though it is useless.
The important thing is she seems to be feeling better, not worse, she’s eating and drinking, we are working to get the problem solved, and we actually have the money the solution is costing. A lot of people wouldn’t be able to afford what we’ve dropped in the last 2 days. Which is not to say it is going to be easy or that I wish she hadn’t gotten sick.

My biggest fear is colon cancer but her blood work came back ok

13 Likes
12 Likes

19 Likes

X-ray results are back and favorable. Whatever it is seems to be moving. More small meals but we can go back up to the usual calorie count. Stay on anti-nausea until tomorrow afternoon and then see if the nausea is gone. If it is and she continues to improve, we should be in the clear.

15 Likes

Not an egg.

21 Likes

Bit of silliness for a change:

20 Likes

I don’t remember seeing many mallards in the park.

20 Likes