Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

I have been seeing many Black Phoebes this year. At first in the widlife area near me and now in my neighborhood (San Fernando Valley). Love their croaking call. This one is too far to see, and also I failed to catch audio.

16 Likes

My wife takes photos of weird stuff, her memories are funny some days.

Our guy is a feral so we can’t physically check him but we are going to keep him in that kennel for a few days as long as he tolerates it.

If something goes wrong it will be easy to get him back to the vet.

His problem was an undescended whatchamacallit so they had to open him up to get to it.

What’s crazy is the TNR place is only 25 bucks for a normal neuter, they did not charge more for the extra surgery.

We always leave a nice donation so they can keep up the work they do.

If anyone would like an awesome cat, he’s available.

14 Likes

Motherhood…

Mama Cat is still allowing her 6 to nurse and is thus delaying her return to the shelter for spay surgery and adoption. She spends most of the time outside the kitten zone by jumping over the barrier blocking the hallway but comes by a couple times a day to let them nurse. There are three that are a little underweight, so the extended nursing is really helpful.

ETA if anyone wants to adopt a kitten, this batch is pretty special. I’ll deliver.

20 Likes

[sanhaço-cinzento - eBird]

https://ebird.org/species/saytan1

21 Likes

That’s awesome news for Broken Bob! Does this mean he’s allowed to socialize with the non-FiV kittehs now?

13 Likes

One of the baby birds came back for a visit.

21 Likes

Wren mother giving me the stink eye

18 Likes

Two years back I saw an attempted robin nest in a raspberry bush. It was on the ground pretty quickly, of course. My state bird, folks!

11 Likes

18 Likes

The lady who adopted our other FIV street cat, Boika, took him. They are her big fluffy boys. Both are really healthy.
We always let Boika associate with the others because he was so mild mannered, but Bob is a bit more scrappy, so we always kept him separate.
Not a great shot of Bob, but Boika looks handsome on his little chair.
Boika is a bit more aloof and Bob is a lover boy, so she gets the cuddles she craves now.
She works from home, so has two stupervisors now that often get recognition from the University she works for…

17 Likes

Senhor Xuxu injured his paw in a home accident. We took the cat to the vet who found no fractures. The doctor gave him painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs and also kept him for a night to see If He was ok. He is at home now, but he is still in pain and is recovering slowly.

18 Likes

B. Bob was still relatively wild at the time, but for whatever reason lap-time was something he enjoyed and behaved for… I had to carry a towel/small broom when I entered the bathroom he was in to keep him from trying to attack my legs, but as soon as I sat down he jumped up in my lap and was well-behaved (as long as he didn’t get overstimulated). As soon as I put him back on the floor, I had to defend against attacks again. He was an odd dude.
He definitely was not a pure feral – somebody let him go or lost him.

13 Likes

You’ve got a weird way of spelling “mosquito”. :joy:

@crenquis: Boika looks very much like my dearly departed princess kitteh. :hugs:

11 Likes

When I start finding mosquito nests I’m moving!

10 Likes

20 Likes

Various cicadas.

And of course, here comes a slow pitch…

21 Likes

Dont Touch Me The Hulk GIF

16 Likes

Oh, the noise!

ETA

11 Likes

Why did I read this as an “Attempted Robin” trying to build a nest?

Please nobody feed that into Midjourney or some AI thingummy.

10 Likes

It’s not a very competitive field, but I think this is the cutest toad I’ve ever seen:

20 Likes