Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

His back legs grew suddenly, leaving him with proportions that remind me of a rabbit. He now stands with his rear higher than his shoulders. I’m sure the rest of him will catch up. His ears are certainly trying their best

22 Likes

ETA

22 Likes

They grow up so fast.

They’re taking short hops and then go back to the nest.

My neighbor texted me and said they were gone, it took me a while to find them, they don’t make any noise at all.

We’ve also brought our neighbor over to our animal loving side. He’s been keeping an eye on them.

And then back in the nest.

20 Likes

Yay, I got to watch one fly away into the trees.

They were sitting together and then one flew to the chair, after I took this photo it flew up into the trees and disappeared.

The other little one is still in the boathouse but it will probably leave home soon.

19 Likes

i think i missed where you might have said what type of birb they are, but it is very cool that you have the relationship with your neighbor to be able to do this! great pics, too!

so… what kind of birbo is this?
and…
does your neighbor get to use his boathouse again now?

8 Likes

Morning Doves, they don’t chirp or make any noise at all.

Yes, my neighbor has been patiently waiting to launch his boat. I’ve been telling him just one more day for a week.

But, he’s been really sick, some sort of respiratory infection. He gets very tired easily and has not been outside much. He came out this morning to check on the babies.

I’m only talking to him from a distance and texting him pictures.

We are 4 generations of neighbors that have been friends for decades. It’s really kind of cool.

16 Likes

Roof ducks. Caption needs a pun. Check back later.

19 Likes

I look out the window and Mrs. Feral has a bird.

We freak out because babies. It’s not one of the new babies but it is a beautiful cedar waxwing.

I know, nature, but Mrs. Feral still got a good talking to.

We’re also trying to get Mr. Baby Feral.

Almost but no cigar.

13 Likes

The “cloud” kittens are not litter mates. Tiny Cirrus is maybe 4 1/2 weeks old. She still has the “Christmas tree” tail, her ears are still pointing out to the sides a little, and she doesn’t fully manage solid food yet. Syringe feeding her kitten milk replacer every 4-5 hours.

19 Likes

It’s 1:30 in the morning, i think I’ll check to see if we have Baby Feral.

Oh crap.

I wanted to check get sprayed by skunk off my bucket list.

Yay, I didn’t have to check it off.

Good skunk.

19 Likes

[As andorinhas - YouTube]

20 Likes

Got the right one this morning. Mr. Skunk was long gone.

Off he goes to the TNR place for a quick nip and tuck. He’ll be back in the morning.

I checked on baby birds. The one that flew away yesterday was back in the boathouse but mommy or daddy kept chasing it around the yard.

This one is just watching.

20 Likes

21 Likes

I thought I’d never live to see a High Behind Splintercat

:hugs:

10 Likes

Mama mallard and five kids. Fifth one was a bit of a slowpoke so isn’t in the pics :).

I think the same four ducklings are in the first one, but I can only find two now.

20 Likes

Dopey Robin building a nest under the gazebo.

This was all built today. No eggs thankfully because I have to move this

19 Likes

Conclave.

[Black vulture - Wikipedia]

18 Likes

Baby Feral Snoopy is home but his simple snip snip was a little more complicated so they said if possible keep him confined for a couple days.

The TNR place is assembly line surgery, there was a long line of kitties being picked up.

We dusted of kitty infirmary.

And of course we can watch him while we’re working.

18 Likes

We have a black phoebe nest outside of our bedroom.
They are one of my favorite little backyard birds here in L.A. (love their little mohawk)

14 Likes

It was a year ago that Broken Bob had issues with his neuter (hemotoma that led to one of the sutures opening later). I had to check every day to make sure that it was healing (and apply antibiotics)… The easiest way was to just do a video while he was on my lap and then look for some clear frames of the opening. Now, The Googles is serving these up as “remember this day” features.
This was a googles collage from a few days ago (one of these things doesn’t belong here)

There is good Broken Bob news: his last blood test showed his FiV level was at the non-detection level, so he must have a pretty robust immune system.

17 Likes