Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

But did you at least let them keep the snake? :frowning:

11 Likes

When we got there it was eying a fish but it never caught it.

9 Likes

20 Likes

Joey (right, big ears) is neutered and officially mine.
Cirrus is still too small for her spay, so she remains a foster for now.
Both have unhappy GI tracts, and little Cirrus is small enough for that to be worrisome. With the big beasties around, I can’t leave their high calorie kitten food out for them to free choice eat, which is a hassle, but oh well.
All three of the big beasties are resigned to the additions, though Bitey Cat still complains.

19 Likes

We had a big holiday camping trip planned for 10 days starting today but our neighbor is having a tough go of it with the god damn cancer. He’s been in the hospital more days than he’s been home so we’re going to come home every couple days to see him.

When we’re gone he’s the one that takes care of the two ferals.

He came home from the hospital today but he may not be able to feed the kitties.

He asks about Snoopy all the time, we send him pictures and Snoopy sits outside his doorwall so he can watch him.

The cool thing is we left all the feeding supplies in our yard and asked other neighbors to feed the ferals.

No problem. We have great neighbors.

Snoopy joins us for our evening chit chats with our neighbor’s wife.

This is the food supply station. Dry food, wet food, treats, and even nuts for the squirrels.

18 Likes

Sounds like you have a wonderful local community!

14 Likes

Congratulations :tada:

Nimbus had a similar issue and fortiflora seemed to help. Not the full packet. I’d split it up and sprinkle maybe a 6th on his wet food. He also dislikes the high calorie kitten food, despite eating anything/everything else, so I mix that in with Weruva Kitten Can Jam varieties. Something to ask the vet or shelter about?

Here he is falling off the big bean bag (the Boulder) in slow motion. He slowly slid down over an hour before waking and repositioning

17 Likes

Hey brb buddies. Saw an unusual bird in my usual evening walk. Need help with the ID.

16 Likes

Night heron?

14 Likes

I have the fortiflora on hand and will start adding that to her canned food now. Thanks for the tip and the reminder!

10 Likes

Glad you have some on hand! I hope it works for her. It’s scary when they are tiny and have diarrhea.
One last tip: if you have a little container that’s air tight, you can dump the packet in there and then pinch a bit out like a spice. I bet you’re feeding her four or six times a day like I was and a pinch with each meal seemed to work well. I tried, at first, sprinkling from the packet and ended up wasting some when too much came out!

8 Likes

17 Likes

When Old Man had digestive issues we used Diagel, it’s a little pricey but it works quickly to get the gut and diarrhea under control.

Amazon, Chewy, and probably your local pet supply place stock it.

12 Likes

That’s what I’m trying to do, but today she has not been cooperative. She’s eaten enough to maintain her weight today, which has back to what it was a week ago, but just barely. She has kitten diaper rash from the diarrhea, and I finally found the tube of unscented unmedicated skin barrier cream to dab a little on her little bum after I washed it tonight. She stopped crying immediately. Poor baby!

The shovel monsters (the big cats) are all in with this kitten feeding plan, though, and are making nuisances of themselves trying to score all the goodies.

12 Likes

Best Friends Thank You GIF by Best Friends Animal Society

11 Likes

That’s rough :disappointed: at least with Nimbus, he loved the Weruva Kitten Can Jam as soon as I offered it and I could put whatever I needed into it to get his calories up. Cirrus reminds me of our Old Man who died last fall. When we adopted him, we were told he was 8 weeks but the vet said he was actually 5 weeks max. My spouse spent 2 weeks feeding him super high calorie food through a syringe every 4 hours because the 3(!) parasites he had in him had jacked up his ability to feel hunger.
We’d adopted him thru a pet store that worked with rescue orgs. We reported his issues to them right away and they rushed the rest of his litter to the in-store vet. They called us back a few weeks later and said they’d lost one, but because of our warning they saved the rest.
I also got a few abusive calls from the “rescue” org. Who was apparently a one person show? First call she tried to tell me it wasn’t her fault the kittens had 3 different parasite infections and rescues were only supposed to dose for roundworms. Tried to tell me kittens couldn’t get tapeworms even if they were flea ridden.
Second call was a lot of cussing before I hung up and blocked her number. The pet store had severed their relationship with her “rescue” org and word had gotten around the community she couldn’t be trusted with kittens.

12 Likes

Got up early to enjoy the sunrise and the peace and quiet, this little stinker and it’s buddies decided to dive bomb me.

It got my head.

I suspect there’s a nest in that bush. It perches on top of it and watches us whenever we’re outside.

Hopefully they accept our presence quickly.

17 Likes

What a beautiful creature!

12 Likes

Red winged blackbirds only understand violence

16 Likes

We’re going to try peace offering bird seed later.

14 Likes