Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

angry the grinch GIF

8 Likes

Bury the hatchet!

8 Likes

It’s not going well.

Mr. Red Wing Bastard is not letting us outside.

I have to carry a broom over my head to get to the car or our bikes.

The firepit is right next to the nest so I brought back our East Oak Solo Stove clone so we could sit pretty far from the nest.

Nope, a-hole bird didn’t like our effort to coexist.

Not only does it dive bomb but it also makes a crazy hissing sound as it swoops down.

That bird seed we put out, a bunch of friendly birds showed up, our meany promptly attacked them.

Tomorrow I’m putting up a big canopy, hopefully it won’t come under it.

I googled how to handle Red Wing attacks, it was not helpful.

• Make eye contact

Red-winged blackbirds often attack from behind, so making eye contact might make them back off.

• Wear a hat

A hat can soften the blow if a red-winged blackbird swoops down for your head.

• Run for cover

If you’re being attacked, try to get away from the area or get inside.

On the plus side our bratwurst was delicious but we ate inside. You have to imagine them cooking on that grill, I forgot a picture as I was fighting of the devil bird.

15 Likes

Oops, I forgot, baby bunny makes everything better.

19 Likes

11 Likes

It was a beautiful day today. I took the buck outside and let him run around until my laptop battery was almost spent, about 6 hours.

After, he relaxed on his shelf.

Managed to get a couple good shots of him grooming.

That fur on the towel is all from his tummy. It cleaned up to as much fur as the picture posted earlier. He is still blowing fur. I swear, he’s just a pencil with legs, wrapped in fur.

18 Likes

Here are some cool birds that don’t mind if we watch them feed their babies. Not once did they try and peck my eyes out.

Today was my wife’s 61 birthday, we took a bike ride right before sunset. She got the best birthday present, deer.

And baby geese.

23 Likes

Up around 5am to catch the sunrise over Lake Erie and the nuclear power plant.

We got a bonus…

Bambi

20 Likes

20 Likes
13 Likes

I agree! Bunnies make everything better! :hugs:

12 Likes

Yesterday I saw this deer resting in the shade of the 3,000-year-old Giant Sequoia in the precise spot where Teddy Roosevelt and John Muir stood to pose for a photograph during their famous 1903 camping trip.

23 Likes

(With the possible exception of the Australian ecosystem.)

12 Likes

To be fair, the rabbits didn’t want to go there, either.

12 Likes

Coccidia :pleading_face:
Daily trips to the shelter for fluids (some leaking) to keep her hydrated while waiting for the meds to kill off the nasties.
Adding Churu-type paste to her food to get her eat. That stuff is like crack for cats - I think they’d eat cooked cabbage with that smeared on it.
I’ll have to steam clean everything once she and Joey are past the liqui-poo phase.

20 Likes

Cat GIF

14 Likes

The state park we’re staying in has miles of great walking and biking trails.

I am not exaggerating, there are hundreds of bunnies out on all the trails, from monster killer bunny size to little babies. They’re taking the multiply like rabbits thing way too seriously.

I can’t get good pictures because they scatter as soon as we get close but it is oodles of fun watching them.

13 Likes

Oh yuck. That’s one of the three our old man had when we got him. No wonder she isn’t gaining any weight! I hope the meds work swiftly
Churu is awesome. Started using the hairball one for Our Big Fluff. It has helped immensely. Because it is crack, the others get a bit too. Gotta be fair and Princess Ravi has been doing a lot more grooming now she has a kitten

Looking regal

17 Likes

19 Likes

The second one is such an awesome action shot! Well done

12 Likes