Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

Not a pic, more asking for advice.
I’m thinking of getting a UV flashlight to see if my newly-discovered local flying squirrel family fluoresces at night. And I think it could be useful for other stuff. Does anyone have any recommendations? After a quick review I’m thinking of this one but I’ve never bought anything like this before. My criteria are just that it’s powerful enough to shine on a little rodent from at least 20 feet away, focused, and rechargeable.

In other news, I ordered a new “game cam” for Christmas since the last one I got has been disappointing in photo quality and battery charge. Hopefully I’ll have some cool images to share in the new year.

12 Likes

We have one about that size but it’s powered by AA batteries. We use it to find the occasional peeing in the house by one of the cats. It works very well for that purpose. It can be used during the day if we pull the shades but it’s difficult to see. It works best in very dark situations.

I don’t think it would do well at 20’ unless it was super pitch dark.

We did find out that my aim is still pretty good in the bathroom.

This is the one we have.

10 Likes
13 Likes

A little arctic fox approached this fisherman while he was ice fishing inLabytnangi, Russia. The man tried to scare him away from his fish, but the baby fox was persistent. Eventually, the fisherman allowed the little white fox to take one of his fish.

21 Likes

The end: “See? I’m helping!”

15 Likes

27 Likes

Inseparable.

25 Likes

Sweet!
If they do get separated, according to Peter Pan, soap should work to stick the shadow back on. :wink:

19 Likes

You should dress them up as salt & pepper for Halloween!

19 Likes

Ha, good idea!

They do get very buggy if they’re separated to the point where one doesn’t know where the other is. It’s sweet, but a bit of a pain.

17 Likes

Pro tip: chef’s toques can be spray painted with silver paint to replicate the shaker tops. How you attach them to dogs, that I couldn’t tell you! Much easier to attach them to humans. (Yes, I have experience here!)

17 Likes

Bitty Bitey Kitty is bitey.

Blep:

28 Likes

Worth all the bites to scritch that belly!
So cute!

17 Likes

Looks like a kitty who would enjoy a few kicker toys to practice her disemboweling techniques. We have them for triggering belly-traps laid by this guy

20 Likes

We have a Flippity Fish (thanks, MIL) that she loves loves loves. The battery life on it sucks though. Toy mice are the best, though. Right now she is especially fond of hiding them in the kitten cave I make from the bed pillows for her. If I forget to check before bed, I’ll find one in the wee hours, which can be disconcerting.

15 Likes

I often discover squeaky toys under my covers!

14 Likes

Cosmic allignment.

Apogee.

21 Likes

Some of the girls clucking around under the watchful eye of the wannabe chicken killer in the background.

22 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes