Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

Freaking out is for new cat owners, veteran cat owners are like…

Honey where’s Tippy? Did you check the tree? Oh yeah, there she is.

11 Likes

Veteran cat-owned humans don’t put breakable ornaments on the tree. Go ahead Tippy, do your worst, I’ll pick up another pack of plastic ornaments on the 26th for like 5 bucks.

On the flip side, grandma’s super fragile 100+ year old glass ornaments will survive another generation. :smirk:

17 Likes

We have a lot of sentimental stuff, the good stuff is chained to the tree. We do have one of my wife’s dad’s ornaments from his childhood that’s approaching 100 years old. We put that in bulletproof acrylic box but it still hangs on the tree.

What I’m worried about is a nativity set my mom made that sits on a shelf that the oldest (15) cat will occasionally jump on. It’s getting harder for him but he still makes it occasionally. He’s gong to miss one day and break himself. He used to play with baby Jesus.

The cats do make the holidays a lot of fun. I hate putting up decorations but the cats love to help.

11 Likes

Exported frame of video of a brief fight between my two loving boys. The tabby likes to curl up by me on the couch (sometimes stretching out to drape himself over my shoulder, depending on how I’m sitting), and the black cat sometimes likes to take things from the other cats. I knew something was about to happen because he had already tapped his little brother on the head.

This truly captures a brotherly moment, though. On the tabby we have a hiss of annoyance. On the black cat we have a little bit of a blep. He just wanted to be a shit. After this there were a few slaps, the tabby fled, and the big guy sniffed and claimed the spot. For a few minutes. He’s too big to stay there comfortably.

22 Likes

Cat stuff starts at 05:00 in the video.

15 Likes

The old deaf kind of blind guy. He gets to stay while we bake cookies. Don’t worry, we’re using a convection oven above him, he’s in no danger.

25 Likes

Hope you brought enough for everybody…

20 Likes
25 Likes

Chia was sedated for a biopsy a couple of days ago, and the biopsy showed cancerous growths on both kidneys. Her failing kidneys meant she struggled to process the sedative and she never completely gained consciousness before dying this morning.

She came to us about ten years ago, when my partner’s eldest bought it home, claiming to have rescued it. We later found the receipt from where she’d bought her, and discovered that she’d spent weeks shopping for a kitten. A few months later that daughter leaves, leaving us with a cat we hadn’t been expecting. She was affectionate, never aloof and an all-round sweetie. Vale mate. We’re heartbroken.

39 Likes

She was very beautiful . I am Sorry for your cat. Sinto muito.

20 Likes

That’s just tragic. I’m sorry for your loss. :crying_cat_face:

19 Likes

I’m so sorry… what a lovely kitty she was.

19 Likes

What a beautiful kitty and such a great origin story. Ten years is too short, but it sounds like she packed so much joy in those years. My condolences.

18 Likes

My view when I’m at the sink. Bitty Bitey Kitten is growing fast but can’t make the jump to the countertop yet. She’ll either sit between my feet or stretch up to get my attention in hopes that I’ll pick her up for shoulder kitten time.

28 Likes

Just look…

26 Likes

26 Likes

I’m so sorry :cry: Chia looks like a lovely kitty. I hope you can remember all of the chin skritches or lap sits or sunny spots or whatever it was that she loved and feel good knowing that you gave her that in her life. I’m sorry you didn’t get more time together.

19 Likes

ChiliDog would like a pork steamed dumpling!
“I can haz dumpling?”

rude kitty! no touch dumpling!

27 Likes

Use the hashis!

sushi GIF by Pusheen

19 Likes

Sure He knows how to stand out from the crowd.

19 Likes