Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

Holding paws

22 Likes

26 Likes

A small hawk scanning the neighbourhood from the roof the building.

20 Likes

Layla the Eternally Surprised, being surprised by the phone.

24 Likes

23 Likes

My wife feeds all the animals in the neighborhood. We have bird feeders of all kind, squirrel feeder(although they just knock on the door now), heated bowls of food for the cats and possums, etc…

But if a hawk show up to dine at the buffet my wife created she goes outside and chases it away. If she sees a hawk being a hawk and gets one of the other guys she cries. She understands but she still cries.

7 Likes

Lovely. It can stay way over there, thanks.

4 Likes

The 2022 FIO Wildlife Photography Contest is open for entries.

FIO NATURE PHOTO CONTEST - XVII Edition “WILD BIRDS” The General Directorate of Tourism of the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Sports of the Junta de Extremadura" announce the XVII Edition of the NATURE PHOTO CONTEST as part of the INTERNATIONAL FAIR OF ORNITHOLOGICAL TOURISM (FIO)

https://www.concursofioextremadura.es/Default/Index?culture=en-GB

4 Likes

I understand her. It is part of the nature of the hawks, but we can´t help finding it unfair. I never saw hawks preying small birds, but I always see Kiskadees attacking fiercely them.

6 Likes

That video is something else, honey badger don’t care. I’ve had my drone up a couple times and got really nervous when some birds took interest in it.

It happens quite a bit in our backyard. Snowy owls have also started migrating past our yard and will also hang out looking for food.

We have a system now, whenever we hear that familiar thump of a bird hitting the window we place it in a special setup with a lid in the garage until it regains consciousness or is able to fly so the hawk doesn’t get it.

This owl was sitting on the roof of the neighbors house. The first time we saw it we had to get the binoculars because we couldn’t believe it was a snowy owl and my gosh is it big. This in south east MIchigan.

The hawk was on a nature walk in Florida in the spring of 2020. He seemed to enjoy getting his photo taken. And as long as we’re talking about birds of prey I tossed in a couple juvenile bald eagle also in Florida. And the last one is dad feeding the kids, also in Florida. We have a couple bald eagle nests near my place in Michigan but I’m gonna have to drop some big bucks and get a better lens to catch them in action.

20 Likes

The kitty in this photo is the feral mamma to the feral we brought in the house this spring, we think she’s around six years old(she’s been spayed). It was in the 20s last night and her house was 50 degrees with the bed a toasty 100 degrees. The house can hold that temp well into single digits. It’s got 4 inches of pink foam all around and the ceiling is just low enough so she can stand and turn around.

20 Likes

Came across this bird in an open air mall in Honolulu. No idea what it is. Looked cool.

Any ideas what it is?

19 Likes
16 Likes

Much obliged! Thank you so much.

7 Likes

18 Likes

19 Likes

Think I’ll skip putting ornaments on the tree this year…

22 Likes

Woah! Those are seriously blood red eyes!

7 Likes

Those things always make me imagine a duck with Inspector-Gadget-style leg extensions. “Go-go Tall Duck Mode!”

10 Likes

Sounds threatening, doesn’t it? But they are very calm birds. They only get nervous when their chicks are born, then they get overprotective.

Yes, yes. Long legged birds aren’t the most elegant creatures.

8 Likes