Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 3)

Yes, this photo belongs here. Look closely :eyes:

One of the kittens or a tiny vampire

15 Likes

Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

12 Likes

Eating dinner and my spouse goes to the kitchen for water. He finds Nimbus dipping his paws into the sink of soapy water and licking them. The water has been in there maybe 5 minutes. Nimbus was indignant about the paw rinse, “no, we have to rinse that paw too! Who drinks soap?!” I’m glad we caught him so quickly.
Yesterday, he chased the wand for an hour. He slowed down for 2 minutes about every 10 minutes, when he would lay down and bat at it. Otherwise it was chasing and jumping. I decided we needed to be done because I was tired.
There is this subreddit my spouse likes called One Orange Brain Cell. We need One Grey Brain Cell :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

17 Likes

…and that’s how I wound up serving in the Norwegian merchant marine…

12 Likes

Boy-kit has gone off to college! I’m so proud and misty eyed at the same time!

The Buck misses him and has taken up guarding boy-kit’s bed.

He’s going to be so excited when boy-kit comes back to visit in a couple weeks!

17 Likes

Day 1 of the Minnesota State Fair, and once again the live fish cam from the DNR fishpond, which is stocked with over 40 different fish species that call Minnesota home.

I’ve read somewhere that it’s one of the most popular attractions at the fair.

(Through September 2. No audio or night lighting.)

ETA: updated link:

12 Likes

Yay!!! Always my favorite thing at the state fair! Thank you for posting it again this year.

I really need to drag my kid out there since Michigan hasn’t had a state fair to speak of in decades. It’s RenFest time, too, haven’t been to the Minnesota faire since I was a university student.

10 Likes

It’s probably been at least a decade since I’ve been to the MN state fair. Crowds are really not my thing. I read today that by average daily attendance, it’s the nation’s largest state fair.

11 Likes

Missing boy-kit edition!

Congrats on getting your kiddo off to college!!!

11 Likes

And here we go.

Our daughter lives in a hip trendy suburb of Detroit, their apartment building is right smack dab in the middle of downtown but she still manages to feed birds and squirrels in their court yard.

A couple days ago a kitten showed up so she started feeding it, withing two days a feral colony of 13 -14 cats showed up.

She put out the word in the community and found out they were released from a hoarder situation.

She’s getting TNR certified in two weeks and she has offers to help. The trapping and fixing commences shortly.

Hey, wait a minute, you’re not a kitty.

This is their two kitties they adopted from the shelter she volunteers at.

21 Likes

14 Likes

Such a photogenic creature. Well, when he holds still anyway

16 Likes

And the best fair food by far!

8 Likes

Not a picture but there is an owl hooting on my roof

Sounds like a great horned owl, though I cannot see it. They are native around here and we saw one on a neighbor’s roof a few years ago.

Great Horned Owl | Blackland Prairie Raptor Center.

Happy Aww GIF by MCDM

15 Likes
7 Likes

Red-Tailed Hawk I came across on my walk. It was able to fly but seemed a little, off. I was able to get with a few feet of it.

20 Likes
10 Likes

18 Likes
9 Likes

When they started to honk I realised It was time to leave the premisses, but not so fast that it could give them the impression I was scared and not so slow that it seemed like a provocation.

14 Likes