Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

16 Likes

Adorable! Yay! (Will you eat fudge banana swirl? Travel round the world?)
Cleaning herself is a very good sign of kitten determined to live.

5 Likes

One of my “California mom’s” cats decided to move across the street when she got sick of the annoying boys that she had to share the house with… At first she would visit home daily, but then she go used to being the only cat and queen of the roost, so she mostly stayed across the street. My CA mom would get annoyed when the ladies who adopted her would give instructions about what what the cat liked when she took care of the cat when the ladies went out of town – “I know what she likes, she’s my cat”

7 Likes

Co-worker just got a new puppy… 12 wks old – she’s an incredibly adorable Chihuahua/Dachshund mix.

17 Likes

This thread is my new happy place. Especially since our elder cat checked out while I was in Japan :sob:

Keep the cute coming, people!

12 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences.

11 Likes

Thank you. He had a long and feline life, but we’ll miss him. Sweetest rescue you ever met. I named him Odie because he reminded me so much of Garfield’s hapless canine brother :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Our other cat and our dog is probably having a harder time adjusting than I am. Lost enough pets that I know the score, but it’s still hard as hell. Can’t say I’d do anything differently though (other than postpone my business trip). Kiddo was loved :heartpulse:

Here’s him looking splendid.

19 Likes

When I drove a few hundred miles from LA to the Bay Area to adopt a cat, it was for his tabby brother I’d seen online. But Flint (as in Our Man Flint) was a bit defeatist, having perhaps given up adoption. Odie meanwhile was purring and preening and doing everything he could to get noticed. So of course we took them both home :slight_smile:

The whole trip back down Route 1, Odie was over the moon. Flint, in contrast, seemed somewhat shell-shocked. Odie would cuddle up to Flint and be like isn’t this awesome?, and Flint would find a new place in the car to curl up and hope.

For the first two weeks or so, Odie would wail whenever he was alone. To the last he would crawl up under the covers and surround a human leg for warmth in the chill winter nights.

Le Penseur…

12 Likes

Pippin, after I introduced him to tree climbing by sticking him halfway up a small one:

At first he was a bit nervous, but you could see that he was pretty interested in the new possibilities. After a minute or so, he was really going for it :smile:

16 Likes

This is the best of all possible threads.

Her Highness trying on hats:

16 Likes

So, Iris is a 9 month old kitty, and she has been pretty interested in Minnie Pearl. At first, I was afraid she’d think the kitten was a chew toy, because Iris can get pretty rambunctious. But last night, Iris pinned Minnie down and cleaned her ears and her butt. Apparently, she found my bathing technique to be lacking, and she has picked up the slack. (Might I just say, fuck yeah!)

Then, Iris showed Minnie how to use the litter box. Like seriously, wow. Iris got in and scratched, Minnie got in and scratched. Then Minnie had a nice big pee, and Iris covered it up. It was pretty wonderful, but I didn’t run for the camera, because even though I was impressed, it was more sweet than cute.

Here is a getting to know you pic:

They are sisters, possibly half-sisters. Their mom is a mouser in an auto shop, though obviously not a great mom… that needs to be fixed, but that would mean catching her.

23 Likes

The first time I brought a kitten home to adult cats, I worried as you did. But that was a tough little kitteh, and she very quickly became the queen of the roost. After that, I didn’t worry so much. Our little flame-point Manx was no older than 3 weeks when we brought her home. About 2 weeks later, she was running the Derpasaurus and the Holstein (there’s a silly pic of all three up at 160).

13 Likes

Me with a bird pal in Bath.

16 Likes

Lovely!
How good can they take care. Moving. And correct cleaning helps the little kitten cleaning herself.

6 Likes

Yes! I tried my best to keep the little one clean, but Iris did a better job.

Minnie has improved a lot in 6 days. She is healthy (except for one eye, which is still getting better) and playing like she should at her age. Iris gets the credit for the improvement, I think. They are wonderful together.

17 Likes

Oh, great! Nice picture, bonding together.
But Iris is also picking up the good work you did. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Imma gonna die of diabetic shock from too much squee!

6 Likes

As you can imagine, I’m having a hard time getting things done. Minnie is running around, jumping and playing. She’s just so frickin’ cute, and SO much more interesting than copy editing this durn website on my plate today.

I certainly don’t want to complain about a task that is fine and pays bills, but seriously. Grammar/spelling/SEO or this?

18 Likes

The only thing I hate about kittens is that they don’t stay that way fo-evah.

Too effin’ cute. I’m total sucker for siamese mixes.

8 Likes

That’s what this livestream is for:

Hmmm… The first one had ended, and now this one won’t show as a video.

4 Likes