Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Strange Orbits

9 Likes

12 Likes

I like how the cat seems annoyed in that pic. Perfect cat reaction.

6 Likes

Update: my mother suggests that it’s a “Curved-line Angle”, whatever that means. Moths are the rock upon which entomologists’ sanity breaks.

12 Likes

Derpasaurus would be in kitteh rapture if we had a moth in the house. It is his favoritest toy.

8 Likes

Niko has to settle for flies, or the occasional small beetle. Otherwise he sits and stares at spiders on the ceiling, crying piteously.

9 Likes

Such a graceful guy…

(to be fair, he often is sitting very proper and handsomely, but he can also often be found like this)

14 Likes

My female tailless wonder sits thusly with alarming regularity:

Your cat is in fine company.

14 Likes

“Hey, where’s the remote?”

8 Likes

About how tall is this bird?

3 Likes

I’m not sure. This peacock should be about a meter (40 inches) tall. I think that there are 2 or 3 peacocks in this park, along with ducks, gooses, swans, cutias and several cats.

Speaking of tall birds, this one-meter-tall brazilian chicken was recently sold for approximately 19560 US dollars.

5 Likes

That thing looks more like a cassowary than a chicken.

4 Likes

Maybe it is a sinister plot to recreate the dinosaurs.

5 Likes

If by “sinister” you mean “totally awesome”!

4 Likes

Just got a hand-me-down camera with a zoom. Don’t actually have the opportunity to really use it, but I present to you my first blurd:
DSC00078

8 Likes

Just a house sparrow. Starting small!

They roost in numbers in our pomegranate in the back yard, along with house finches. Here in AZ they are invasive, while the house finches are native.

Obligatory XKCD

10 Likes

Libélula.

These insects scare me a lot.

10 Likes

If you’re not a butterfly, you have nothing to fear. :wink:

7 Likes

I am sure I ain’t a butterfly, but thes creatures are very aggressive. Oh, I hate/fear insects.

2 Likes

That’s the same thing as a dragonfly, yes? I love them because they eat mosquitoes like crazy.

I do find them pretty unpleasant looking in their nymph stage though. Like an aquatic cockroach-spider

7 Likes