Pot kills: Elderly woman murdered with marijuana plant

Originally published at: Pot kills: Elderly woman murdered with marijuana plant | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Or rather a pot plant pot? I’ve seens shots of some awfully phat nugs online, but it would take quite a bit of acceleration to cause more than the lightest of lacerations with them.

10 Likes

The news article didn’t explain how a MJ plant was used as a murder weapon. Presumably it was the literal pot the pot was planted in?

8 Likes

I’m already waiting expectantly for Republicans to use this to claim that legalising marijuana in Australia has already resulted in a 1000% increase in pot related deaths, and that’s why they should be throwing as many people in jail as they can catch.

2 Likes

Until I see more evidence I am assuming that cannabis plants are not involved.

10 Likes

What, did he hit her in the head with the ceramic container?

6 Likes

None of the news reports I found mentioned a marijuana plant.
Just a pot plant, that is, a plant grown in a pot.

9 Likes

Musta been all stem.

Exactly! A pot plant is typically an indoor / houseplant in a pot. Not a ‘pot’ plant.

ETA @timd beat me to it.

3 Likes
1 Like

I see where Pesco went wrong, then! We call potted plants “houseplants” in the US. “Pot plant” is marijuana, regardless of it’s planting site.

7 Likes

Here are some plants being potted.

Except when in Australia, UK …
(This one was in Australia, so @pesco forgot to put the auto-translate on.)

4 Likes

Maybe someone was a little overzealous with the Russian spa treatment…

5 Likes

A pot plant or a plant pot? Or a pot plant pot? Well, whatever, I guess we have proof, finally: pot* kills, kids!

Yes, the English language can come a cropper when read or heard by other speakers even within a countries borders.

Wasn’t really a snooker fan but loved watching Pot Black. Thanks for the video.

Domestic violence aint so funny.

But I guess there are some yuks for the drongos (ironic) that like to get munted /s

3 Likes

Pots kill. Pot just get you high. The only way to stop a bad guy wth pots, is a good guy with pot. :wink:

(‘Pots kill’ should be the headline of this post, not ‘Pot kills’.)

3 Likes

Sounds like it only took one pot, though…

1 Like

In Oz a potplant is any kind of plant that is usually grown in a pot.
I am guessing that if the victim is already lying down (say, pushed over) a potplant, perhaps in a clay pot, with the weight of dirt etc., if hurled with sufficient force, is enough to cause head injuries.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m with Queen Latifah on that one! :boxing_glove: :laughing:

2 Likes

Fling pot at someone, and expect to have the book thrown at you.

1 Like