Pothole in your neighborhood? Tell Portland Anarchist Road Care to fix it

Libertarians use public roads?

7 Likes

Let me correct that to

libertarian Road Care

2 Likes

I am sorry for the derail, but I have a question.

I’ve seen this kind of phrase, but never really understood it. I’ve seen “up the women”, “up the establishment” that sort of thing. Does this mean “yay for the punks” or some kind of laudatory statement about whatever or whoever is being “upped”? I hope this makes sense.

1 Like

Welcome!

Reporting potholes is the key to getting them fixed. Who knew?

1 Like

Spoken like a true native Oregonian. Been here a long time.

yeah, you got it. i think the reason it’s popular is that the concept is pretty universal. up is good.

That is a FUCK SAFETY VEST. Very different.

1 Like

sfx: splat
Buttle.

3 Likes

I have no doubt they have a certain appeal to the child-like, attention-seekers and sociopaths.

2 Likes

Needs a soundtrack:

2 Likes

awww, c’mon!

1 Like

hmm, Black Bloc anarchists.

the guy doing repairs with Lego creates visually more interesting statements, imo

8 Likes

Exactly - dumping cold mix asphalt into a hole is not fixing the problem. At best it is a temporary patch until proper repair can be made. At worst, like you said, it can make the problem worse.

1 Like

So “Up yours!” is short for “My best wishes to your family.”

Got it.

3 Likes

2 Likes

This guy fills them with mosaics (which, unfortunately, don’t mention anything about resurrecting the dead on planet Jupiter).

6 Likes

Geez, I dunno where in the city YOU live, but I keep having to drive around the same horrific potholes for a couple years now in various neighborhoods. There’s one on Lombard near Columbia I DID call about personally because it darn near took my wheel off! And guess what, 4 months later it’s still there.

3 Likes

I think in Seattle it would be less work to report where there aren’t potholes.

1 Like

Try using the official road repair email: pdxroads@portlandoregon.govseriously!

Be sure to report (a) precisely location, (b) depth, © whether this is a sinkhole type (e.g., funnel-shaped asphalt) or not, and (d) whether debris (gravel, etc.) from the pothole is making a mess also.

One caveat is that Portland does not have authority over all roads in the city. For example, 82nd Ave on the east side is a State Route, so the City of Portland does not have jurisdiction over it.