Prankster busted for taping dead fish to ATMs across city

redherring

9 Likes

Oh, but it’s all in good fun, nobody ever minds having to clean up after dead animals left unrefrigerated in the open. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

If they best me, it would take a fluke.

3 Likes

… although I don’t expect ATM users (taking time off from their lunch break or whatever or with someone(s) waiting for them) felt the warmth. Those are touch screens and now they have to stop and speak with someone in the bank – assuming it’s even open – about getting the fish off and the screen cleaned. The prankster wasn’t smart enough to consider ATM users… or perhaps he wanted to prank them also.

1 Like

Holy Mackerel, that’s Crappie, I can’t believe what I’m Herring.

5 Likes
9 Likes

Can you imagine trying to tape a live fish to something?

1 Like

I fin I’m really late to the party, herring all these fishy puns.

3 Likes

They’re not a day old yet so dig in!

2 Likes

Well, this kid seems to be having a whale of a time.
Not gonna spoil it for them, at least not on porpoise.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Nobody yet? Do I have to do everything around here?

5 Likes

Foiled by the police’s dragnet.

8 Likes

Now you’re just trawling.

8 Likes

NO!

[looks around nervously]

5 Likes

Was the “prankster busted” or was “the everyday hero prevented from doing something really cool?”

1 Like

If I were that kid I most certainly would include the details of this on my resume, Curriculum Vitae, admission letter, whatever. I love the kid and those dead fish at least got one last shot at some recognition.
I hope he asks for a jury trial and they have to stick those criminal carp in the evidence locker. The world needs more silly ass kids who want to make headlines and don’t pick up an AR 15 to do it. I’d love to know the line of logic the kid came up with to make this seem like a good idea.

2 Likes

In (I think) the novel Cannery Row, a character comments if you really want to get revenge on a bank, rent a safety-deposit box and deposit a whole dead fish in it.

1 Like

Seems ridiculous to me as well.

I wonder what kind of crime is it to cheese a car? Probably cost you $10K in fines, and emotional distress to the cheese or something ridiculous. :confused:

2 Likes

oy, Cheesus!
that’s a new one to me!
if that is in arizona, or some other very nasty hot locale, that prank(?) would most definitely rise to the level of property crime.

fish gonna stink.
cheese gonna melt.

i’ll rinse the chum bucket before anyone sees me do The Cheese Touch!

2 Likes