Prankster busted for taping dead fish to ATMs across city

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/22/prankster-busted-for-taping-dead-fish-to-atms-across-city.html

2 Likes

slap slapping GIF

16 Likes

Normally I don’t care much for online “pranks”, but this is pretty funny.

5 Likes

some petty hijinks, to be sure, but rising to the level of property crime?
i mean, certainly animal cruelty laws could apply, depending on the provenance of the fish, or fish and game laws if out-of-season or undersized gamefish… but property damage? cleanup should be some gloves, a bag and some disinfectant wipes.
a waste of fish, but i see no harm to the property or the owners.
now the cop that got one taped to his car? i’m guessing hurt fee- fees are involved to bring the charges.

19 Likes

This. Not to mention that this behavior is sure to be repeated now.

Just you watch. You’re going to be seeing a lot more fish smoking when you’re out on the water.

4 Likes

Seems like this prank might be almost as unpleasant to the pranker as it is to potential victims?

6 Likes

There is a “river bank” pun here somewhere, but calling this a prank is leaving me flounder.

14 Likes

smoked kingfish is really something special, just sayin’.

4 Likes

No idea why the powers that be need to carp about this so much.

But I bet the kid had a mullet.

14 Likes

ATMs across the city? He really scaled it up.

11 Likes

Yeah, and they all smelt!

But he did bring a ray of sunshine into a few people’s lives, while cocking a snook at the banks.

6 Likes

Maybe a P. D. Eastman fan:

13 Likes

A lot of people have a gif for any circumstance, but to be able to pull from a collection of children’s book images for any circumstance is real talent! Hats off to you! (And by hats, I mean those belonging to Bartholomew Cubbins)

7 Likes

That fish needs a bicycle.

7 Likes

One of those pranks that seems mildly funny until you realize somebody on the bottom of the company’s organization chart has to actually clean it up.

6 Likes

If they were all carp like the photo, there probably aren’t any violations. In most states, carp are not considered game fish.

2 Likes

Music to tape fish by:

4 Likes

2 Likes

Not to carp, but I’m sure some pun-addict will be along soon to knock you off your perch. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Edit: I’m too late. Here you go @anothernewbbaccount

dbmzsq-0fb1bb83-67d3-4018-ac26-cbeafe615ff0

7 Likes

Or they might not take the bait and just sink to the bottom.

4 Likes