Pranksters create fake Apple store at subway station with 50 people waiting in line

Maybe, but it looked to me like they weren’t passing the elevator itself off as the store. They say to a bystander that the store is down below, in the station – which not only is not unheard of, it’s really common in the major metropolitan areas I’ve visited. I could see your point if they were saying that the tiny elevator compartment comprised the store, but they made it much less interesting than that.

Man, I’ve given this lame stunt waaaay too much time.

It’s funny that “Best Gig Ever” (where they pretended to be that band’s trufans) is your favorite, because it’s often cited as their most extreme case of “good intentions gone wrong.” There’s a whole “This American Life” segment dedicated to how upset the band was about it.

I’ve participated in a couple of their stunts (none of the really famous ones), and while the vast majority of their stuff isn’t revolutionary artwork or ground-breaking comedy, it’s fun and good-natured and IE leader Charlie Todd tries extremely hard to make sure that what he does will make people smile and not piss them off.

The flagship Apple Store on Fifth Ave is also underground and has a glass cube as an entrance that looks a lot like a subway elevator. That’s why they did this.

3 Likes

Not really any funnier or silly. Just stupid. I think Elmer hit it on the head, with a hammer.

1 Like

Okay… wow… if you have to explain it… ho hum…

I just laughed out loud. Thanks CS.

1 Like

After watching the video I kinda think it would have to be a funnier joke if one lived in New York. Without the hook of the familiar street furniture, it hardly even registers as a joke at all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.