Pre-contact dogs, germs and CTVT

Originally published at: Pre-contact dogs, germs and CTVT | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Make Up Lipstick GIF

3 Likes

Doesn’t this suggest that the tumor spread from, rather than to, native dogs?

2 Likes

Exactly, CTVT is pre-contact dog curse that is almost classifiable as a whole canine group, but lives on in the dogs that replaced them.

2 Likes

Andrew: Trust me it’s gross

See Selena Gomez GIF by HULU

2 Likes

Did some survive? And can they be bred back?

5 Likes

Yes, and “theoretically yes in a Jurrasic Park kind’a way?” Some breeds like Carolina Dogs, Alaska Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, Greenland Dogs, and Chihuahua’s are OG PCD’s to a degree. Others may be lurking in the existing American dog population, whose genetic diversity laying unidentified and diminishing by the day.

4 Likes

A chi would be great for my small city coop.

Look at that beauty! Never knew about Carolina dogs.

7 Likes

We are considering a doodle variant in 2023, and I’m going to see if it’s possible to finagle a Jindo-doodle when next in Korea.

4 Likes

Beautiful. But too big for my building. 20lb limit.

5 Likes

We’re thinking of the mini side, so that I won’t feel like David Sedaris’s Dad Lou being pulled around by a Great Dane in the TAL episode “In Dog We Trust”.

3 Likes

I would love a big dog if I lived in a house with a big yard!

5 Likes

As they say in the old world, “those words are my words!” You, me, same-same! ^____^

Animated GIF

3 Likes

Strangely, the dog (Carolina?) in your picture looks like a dingo, with less reddish fur. Parallel evolution?

3 Likes

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.