Prepare yourselves. Dr. Steve Brule's television show is returning for a third season

[Permalink]

4 Likes

If any of you people speak spanish, and like this sort of humor, look for Cha Cha Cha, an argentinian show, very much in this key, minus the gross parts. It changed me forever! I am a better man for it.

1 Like

Well, okay, looks fun and I’ll check it out… but would it be facile to say, um, “Look Around You?”

I feel so out of the loop here. I’ve seen some clips of this guy who looks like a scientist and speaks unintelligibly and…I just don’t get it. Where is the humour?

Check It Out was originally a segment on Tim & Eric: Awesome Show, Great Job that was spun out into it’s own show. Here is an excellent article, titled “I Don’t Get It”: A Guide to Tim & Eric for Mem-Mems and Pep-Peps by Cathy Fisher, which delves into exactly why this sort of thing is funny. The essay really only needs a few mental changes to get it to line up with Check It Out, but the general ideas are the same.

Also, the main actor is John C. Reilly, an Oscar-nominated actor, which makes this absurdly inept character all the more hilarious.

Great photos!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.