Prequel the webcomic

Continuing the discussion from A message to popular kids today:

Continuing the discussion from StoryShift is a new storytelling medium. Why hasn’t it caught on?:

Hey, I just wanted to state that this webcomic has been amazing. It had a slow start, and I was just about to give up but the 3-year-old comments shouted “Stick with it one more panel, this is truly the character’s rock bottom!” and they were right. Only 20% in, can’t wait to see where the character goes from here. I had to search through my browser history to figure out where I had gotten this tab from.

The artist’s incorporation of user feedback into the first big battle scene was extremely refreshing.

I typically play Khajiit, so it has that going for it as well.

1 Like

I’m glad you’re enjoying it. Later on, the author does some technically impressive things: animations, interactive animations, and even a couple of minigames.

Without giving too much away, there’s a way in which Katia’s development mirrors the development of the Hero in the games, except at a much more down-to-earth pitch: her goal is to achieve dignity and self-respect. This makes her an exceptionally empathetic character, within this familiar fantasy setting.

Yup, finished it all today, and I was trying to pace myself. The flash/HTML5 stuff was really amazing. Can’t wait to see where it goes! Thank you so much for sharing. :smiley:

Came in to say yeah, that thing is funny, sweet, cynical and addictive all at once and I was glad to find it.

Now to experience the inevitable agony of binge-consuming the archives of a cultural artifact until you get to the part where you get to wait and wait and wait for the next installment like everyone else. Thanks, I guess.

This topic was automatically closed after 818 days. New replies are no longer allowed.