President blames the "fake media" for Flynn's firing - Jake Tapper has a field day

watching this i kept thinking “let’s see his tax returns”

that’s popping into my head more and more the last week or so - definitely with the Russia business, possibly other stuff, if there’s an investigation, the tax returns should come out - or there will be a leak

now that will be a field day

15 Likes

“It’s not a moral position if you only hold it when it applies to you.”

29 Likes

This is still “commentary” moreso than “news” but it is on a real news network and by a guy who really did study journalism.

9 Likes

Well, since this is on CNN, this logical argument about “real news” is ipso facto Fake News, so therefore la la la la la la la!

10 Likes

Good for him. I’ve been waiting for ages for someone to stand up to Tricky Jake Tapper!

5 Likes

‘Fake news’ is just a string of syllables that mean ‘thing people say is bad’. Just like the word ‘Nazi’. There isn’t any real understanding there, it’s like a parrot saying ‘Polly want a cracker’.

It’s like when Ted Cruz says ‘falsifiable’ and means ‘science thingy logic word’.

We are being ruled by Markov networks trained on cable news.

20 Likes

Remember when Jake dated Monica Lewinsky?

6 Likes

CNN is doing exactly what I hoped it would do when Trump decided to start a war with it… it is stepping up to the plate and occasionally doing some real journalism. Keep making the media your enemy, Trump… you are digging your own grave.

19 Likes

Yeh—let’s tell the 11 million victims of the Holocaust that “Nazi” is just a string of syllables (if only their ears weren’t ashes.) My grandparents made damn sure I had a real understanding of that string of syllables, so kindly keep it off your Markov Chain.

5 Likes

It’s not wrong until someone points out it’s wrong, apparently. (And thus the moral condemnation is reserved for the one who pointed it out.) Likewise, information - or a person - is “fake” purely by being disagreeable.
This isn’t even “doublethink,” it’s fucking insane.

9 Likes

Has this ever happened to you? Yes, there has got to be a better way! Now introducing Splunge! It can splunge, munge, cludge, and best of all is the price–only three easy installments of $39, $49, and $655,001.92!

Get yours today. No COD.

6 Likes

Seeing this piece and reading any of the daily lies and distortions that pass through that fools face only makes me more and more angry with the stupid population that smirked and grinned when they voted to destroy us from within. I can only hope that as trump continues to smear shit on the American people some of his followers may realize that this is not going to make America great again. There are more intelligent approaches to rehabilitation than wanton destruction and the looting of civility.

8 Likes

Tapper? He hardly knew 'er.

5 Likes

“The press / Obama made me do it”? Has anyone told this numptie that he’s POTUS?

5 Likes

Not only that, but he wants to fire/prosecute those who leaked this classified false information…

10 Likes

I’m referring to something specific. I don’t mean that ‘Nazi’ is meaningless to me, or that it should be meaningless.

3 Likes

What a great piece – I knew I liked Jake Tapper. Hadn’t heard of that connection before. Thanks for the link.

1 Like

16 Likes

You’re HIRED!

2 Likes

Well, it’s basically classic narcissistic personality disorder. It’s not doublethink, it’s probably the most focused singlethink you’ve ever encountered.

9 Likes