Prince died of pain medication overdose

Well my old doc was aware. She did the full dosage so if I need a boost I could take it. And the copay on the insurance was the same for 4 doses a day or 2, so I could get 2x the meds for the same money.

3 Likes

Ah, the sadly rare ā€œcaring Doctorā€, lucky you.

Itā€™s shocking how few/far those are. My current ā€œdocā€ has never even sat down with me to talk about how Iā€™m doing. Just steps in, tells me whatā€™s going to to happen to me & leaves => and Iā€™m thankful to have even that for my condition in my area.

Edit: stoopid automangle

Donā€™t you know that the ā€œWar on Drugsā€ is only good for two things? Firstly, for helping justify the absurd yearly increases in law enforcement agencies budgets, and secondly to ensure a steady stream of minorities make their way into the for-profit prison system.

3 Likes

At current prices Iā€™m betting that heroin is probably cheaper than the co-pay on your prescription. Just be careful on the dosage.

Back on topic for a moment: letā€™s all take a pause to reflect on the fact that Prince remained a master entertainer even while on heavy doses of long-acting opioid medications.

Musicians with that kind of work ethic and love for the stage usually come once (maybe twice) a generation. Heā€™s going to be missed for quite some time.

10 Likes

Iā€™m guessing that this expression is used to describe medication dispensed by a pharmacy to fill a legitimate prescription, and then sold to a third party illegally.

When I first read it though it made me think of someone in a drug testing lab extracting traces of opioids from urine samples in such quantity and purity that they could be sold to addicts.

Ewww. Not the gross one, legit scripts getting sold to non-script holders on the street.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.