Pro basketball player who jokingly touched reporters' microphones tested positive for COVID-19

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/12/pro-basketball-player-who-joki.html

3 Likes

This is why we can’t have nice things!

15 Likes

Christ, what an asshole (did I do that right?)

21 Likes

Did he complain about coronavirus panic on Twitter before he did it?

8 Likes

The Jazz played the Pistons last Saturday, one of 5 teams told to self-quarantine. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am two degrees of separation from the Piston’s organization. Thanks a bunch, Gobert, you raging asshole.

18 Likes

This asshat is approaching “licking ice cream then putting it back” levels of stupidity.

12 Likes

The NBA tested 58 people and the only other one infected (presumably by Gobert) was… Donovan Mitchell, the best player on the team. Even Jazz fans will find him irredeemable after this.

7 Likes

It turned out not to be “jokingly,” didn’t it?

6 Likes

Another wonderfully instructive example of how celebrities serve as “crash test dummies” for the rest of society.

I look forward to sending my kids the link when they get home from school…

…that is, if I don’t immediately quarantine the pair of them… :thinking:

4 Likes

I’d be feeling a phuckload of schadenfreude right now had this phuckhead’s actions were to only but bring a pox on his own phucking house…

1 Like

Apparently he was doing the same thing in the locker room, intentionally touching everyone’s stuff as a “joke.” As a basketball player, Gobert is really smart. Apparently off the court he is a giant moron

8 Likes

FTFY.

10 Likes

Good at a sport does not imbue intelligence, see above for evidence.

4 Likes

It’s coming for MLS now!

As I posted elsewhere!

7 Likes

Yup. MLS, mlb, and NHL all postponing games. NFL is now postponing various team activities and closing facilities. There leave year begins next week with the start of free agency. Normally that means players and teams travel for meetings and physicals and have announcement last for signings and such. They are planning on postponing that too.

6 Likes

Probably a smart move all around.

6 Likes

Plot twist:
He was negative prior to this stunt, and got COVID-19 from one of the microphones.
(I am not pretending to know the actual truth, but such an outcome would be “amusing.”)

3 Likes

Yup. Not being any kind of expert on the matter, I honestly don’t know to what extent these measures will help now that the horse has left the barn, or even how much they might have helped if done earlier. What I do know if that both the American people and our government didn’t take this seriously and now people are paying with their lives. The oncoming object lesson in what happens when you spend all your money on military preparedness and almost none of public health is just emotionally draining. :sweat:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.