Here are the 5 kinds of pandemic villains who are making things worse for the rest of us

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/26/the-5-types-of-pandemic-villia.html

17 Likes

Let’s not carpetbaggers/snake oil salesmen like Jim Bakker, who probably would fall under profiteers.

24 Likes

Corona Virus don’t care.

8 Likes

I’m adding him - thanks for the reminder!

13 Likes

What about the social media Toilet-lickers?

There must be somewhere to pigeonhole them? :confused:

8 Likes

The toilet-lickers fall into the deniers camp.

8 Likes

66 Likes

Another one for Group 5.

17 Likes
  1. Power Grabbers:
27 Likes

Added - thank you!

6 Likes

Trump’s hotels and golf resorts were profitable for a few extra weeks while he was downplaying it.

16 Likes

Funny how this kinda (not perfect) lines up with the stages of grief.

Villains find the stage they personally are comfortable with, then leverage it for personal profilt.

8 Likes

What about people who panic and make life worse for the rest of us? I had to move out of my house days before New Zealand announced lockdown because my housemate has asthma and panicked over my partner being based in Wellington. At the time we didn’t even have evidence of community spread. I moved into accommodation provided by my supervisor with a day to spare and am now on my own for the next four weeks at least. But at least I’m not stuck in a house with panicky people so that’s a plus.

7 Likes

There was a recent news story about a FB group of Firefighters and paramedics who were active Deniers and rabid Trump supporters. I’ve seen one of these assholes show up on my NextDoor feed with a long diatribe with a focus on “the economy “. They always preface their BS by making sure the readers know they “medical professionals “, so they cannot be easily dismissed.

So add “Authoritarians” to the list.

29 Likes

that’s basically every grovel’er TGOP’er / tRump Co. scumbag

11 Likes

I’m sure if we look, we’ll be able to give him a 5 out of 5.

2 Likes

What about the ones that see it as the starting gun for whatever flavor of mass-murder they prefer?

19 Likes

There’s no reason Alex Jones wouldn’t be in at least two of these categories…

11 Likes

You,re in Wellington?

/waves_excitedly_out_window

10 Likes

Hippocrates was a hippocrite

3 Likes