Trump supporter really puts in the effort to maintain his crazy theories

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/10/trump-supporter-really-puts-in.html

4 Likes

Soooooo… it’s really that easy to tell which bikers didn’t wear a helmet when they got into an accident?

19 Likes

OK man, go ride your bike with your huge flag on it and have fun. it’s all good.

8 Likes

I will guarantee this guy only wears a helmet when it’s legally required. Even then he wears a skull cap at best which is absolutely useless in a crash.

You can’t fix stupid.

10 Likes

I always found it odd that Harley riders only wear two styles of helmets. One is so small it would be suitable to wear at a Jewish ceremony (Yarmulke style), or the other would be suitable for goose-stepping down the Champs-Élysées in Paris!

8 Likes

Personal risk is at the heart of liberty. If/when he rides sans helmet he’s only risking his own life (although he likely fails to realize that all of us unwittingly subsidize his emergency treatment and medical care)…but when one refuses to wear a mask, one risks the lives of dozens of people who did not give their consent nor would likely even have knowledge of the risk one is placing upon them. You can’t get much further from liberty than that.

18 Likes

I get what he is trying to say, I think. He is saying it isn’t a pandemic at all, and the making it out to be a pandemic was a tactic by the Democrats to panic the nation and scare us all into being Democrats.

That’s honestly the worst kind of doubter, I think. When you show them the statistics, they tell you “most of those people tested positive and were hit by cars, or had heart attacks, hurr hurr hurr.” I’ve never found a way to have a normal conversation with them.

15 Likes

I couldn’t last…
…sad.

3 Likes

Hearing the farts produced by those so called bikes (real motorcycles are another thing), my immediate thought was “the loudest growl marks the largest territory”, which would be perfectly fine if we lived in the stone age. I guess Trump is getting the support he deserves.

edit: the guy’s responses are a call for a #mirrorclimbing tag.

And the CNN anchor is quite reasonably asking “how and why would doctors and coroners from across the country and around the world conspire to exaggerate the infection rate and death toll in this way?”

21 Likes

CNN could have cut at least 11 minute from this piece.

14 Likes

Confirming my growing suspicion that conspicuous display of an American flag correlates with being among the worst people in the world.

22 Likes

Also a truism that the people who crow the most about “freedom” are often the biggest fans of authoritarians.

34 Likes

You’re making some assumptions about this guy that while could be true are irrelevant. He doesn’t believe the disease is a pandemic he thinks it’s a PLANdemic.

I question his intelligence because he thinks it’s fake news. His thoughts gets on masks is not the issue.

2 Likes

“… less than 1%…”

And my reply these days is: “1 out of every 2000 Americans who were alive on January 1st of this year have died of Covid-19. By the end of the year, it’ll be 1 out of every 1000.”

It’s not “convenient” to watch hundreds of thousands die. It’s a fucking tragedy of epic proportions and it SHOULD fuck up this president’s reelection chances that he botched this so badly.

24 Likes

Yeah, I just couldn’t… I stopped about 2 or 3 minutes in. The ignorance is so baffling and aggravating.

9 Likes

I have to work with guys like this

19 Likes

3 times he said 1% just did the math for both the world and for the US and it came to 3-4%
So his number was simply wrong and he was not called out on it

9 Likes

Someone said the other day, in response to the 1% thing, if you had a bag of 100 M&Ms, and you knew one was poisoned, would you dig in?

People buy lottery tickets with a one in 300 million chance of winning, believing it can happen to them. People think a 1 in 100 chance will never happen.

21 Likes

And even if it was accurate then that would still be a pretty big fucking death toll, much bigger than (for example) the daily average for combat deaths for Americans during World War II.

12 Likes