Gentleman skating in Central Park with Trump 2024 flag gets tackled

Originally published at: Gentleman skating in Central Park with Trump 2024 flag gets tackled | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Can we appreciate the fact that Hit Me Baby One More Time was playing during all of this?

32 Likes

It was a jerky move but I don’t think it warranted physical assault. These are the kind of videos that Trumpanzees live for.

33 Likes

Did they stab him with the flagpole? I here it’s all the rage these days…

23 Likes

i wonder what kind of response he thought he was going to get?

13 Likes

OTOH, punch a nazi, as I’d wager Trumpanzees also live for waving their hate symbols unbothered as well. Victim or victor, they find a way to make if about their Grand Narrative, so might as well punch while the punchin’s good…

38 Likes

Those folks aren’t exactly great at reading the room.

18 Likes

I know, I’m all jelly and verklempt.

15 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

27 Likes

Not really seeing that as a “tackle,” more like as the guy was being hustled off the ice after being confronted by staff over an obvious safety violation, one or more people slipped. Still, this is how we should be dealing with Trumpists - make sure they know that they are unwelcome in civilized society.

43 Likes

And the same Trumpanzees regularly cheer when the situations are reversed, so they can go to hell. It’s been made perfectly clear that negotiating with them is a complete waste of time, because we’ll get demonized regardless. So… I don’t see why I should care if they’re unhappy anymore. Sorry.

43 Likes

I as well marvel that they [trumpers/kkk/qanon/gop’ers] can both be the perpetrator and victim in just about any instance one could possibly imagine.

31 Likes

But… what are all those people doing on a crowded skating rink anyway?

PANDEMIC, STAY THE FUCK HOME.

50 Likes

How about a Nazi flag?

What’s the meaningful difference between the two?

37 Likes

I’m trying to imagine what would happen to the GOP if Trump ran again in 2024.

Either it would finally split in two, or it would become 100% the Fascist-violent-hatred-paranoid party with no more lip service to rules and decorum.

12 Likes

None, none is the answer to that question.

26 Likes

Especially since their insurrection-promoting hero is the reason that the rinks (one of the few outdoor recreation venues still relatively safe during the pandemic) were almost shut down in the middle of the winter season.

Apparently that’s what he’s going to announce he’s going to do at his CPAC speech. It’s no mystery what the cowards, opportunists, kapos, and appeasers of the GOP are going to do if it actually happens.

22 Likes

6 Likes

It looks like security were having him leave. Its a good thing because you could fall and have the flag pole enter your rectum and then end up on one of those embarrassing end of the year lists.

22 Likes

This is the Wollman Rink near the south end of the park, btw. The folks wearing the distinctive flat red jackets are actually the skate guards, not just random passersby/NYers/tourists.

I doubt there’s clear enough audio – watched with sound off, please correct if I’m wrong – but I assume the skate guards’ main objection is waving the giant obstacle around and the pointiness of the end rather than the political “message”. A, say BLM flag on a similar pole wouldn’t have raised the ire of the crowd so much but still would have merited a rink ejection for its bearer.

29 Likes