At Trump rally in DC, speaker tells people to make it a 'mass spreader event' by hugging stranger

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/05/at-trump-rally-in-dc-speaker-tells-people-to-make-it-a-mass-spreader-event-by-hugging-stranger.html

8 Likes

Wow. Literally leaning in and embracing the stupidity. Death cult gonna death cult.

53 Likes

Trumpism is a Death Cult.

53 Likes

WTAF?? To prove that they are "manly men who ain’t afraid of no virus?’ To own the libs? I am confussled as to how this does anything at all, other than make it, well, a mass spreader event.

42 Likes

Who the fuck is this nut job?

29 Likes

I can understand most of what the conservatives do, despite not agreeing with them, but some things like this insistence on spreading a pandemic to your own family and community leaves my empathy powerless to comprehend.

39 Likes

53 Likes

Jeezus Frakking Christ

7 Likes

I am morbidly curious how many would if he actually asked them to do that.

16 Likes

Perhaps on inauguration day.

9 Likes

He’s threatened (or promised) to hold a rally that day. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some stunt like that, after the waivers and other lowlights from his past events playbook.

14 Likes

And then insist his cool-aid party was bigger than Biden’s inauguration crowd.

12 Likes

It’ll be easier to do a head count on the Trump Congregation.

6 Likes

I bet he would use survivors guilt to hook even more into his death cult.

4 Likes

Walking home from running some errands this afternoon I passed a group of maskless folks heading down 14th Street toward what I assume is the rally area, including a white girl with white-girl dreads and a giant “TRUMP REVOLUTION AMERICAN REVIVAL” sandwich board.

I am staying in my apartment tomorrow to avoid trashcan people doing trashcan things. I really hope the DC National Guard folks called in to police this agglutination of flyover dead-ender filth are able to keep order and don’t get hurt.

(Edited in response to fair criticism below.)

15 Likes

Usually it’s conservatives going around policing the ideas that a free society cannot afford to entertain. But the religious freedom and political freedom that’s afforded to political opponants cannot extend to this kind of thing. In the same way that freedom of speech doesn’t cover shouting “fire” in a flame-free theater.

3 Likes

I don’t understand how trump events ever get permits. They never pay back cities for the security and cleanup. They trash the place. They start violence. They spread disease.

Why would any city accept this level of disgusting public hazard?

20 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

(there is a pattern to my comments today, I notice)

11 Likes

Obligs:

26 Likes

Trumpian propaganda. If the people won’t vote for him, he’ll kill them. If not enough people vote for him, he’ll kill the ones who did, because they will move on and find another leader. And he would rather see them dead than see that happen. It’s the mindset of a narcissistic sociopath.

15 Likes