Angry folks throw an anti-mask rally in Florida, the state that just broke a Covid-19 record

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/13/angry-folks-throw-an-anti-mask.html

9 Likes

what a pack of fucking morons.

47 Likes

Sigh…

12 Likes

This is going to be the kind of shit nobody, who didn’t live through these times, will believe fifty years from now.

43 Likes

51 Likes

Wear clothes and a mask, or go naked and no mask. All or nothing folks. If you’re going to demand the freedom to go maskless, go all the way. Don’t be wimps.

34 Likes

They all wore masks in 1918, right?

Some of the same reasons were cited then.

19 Likes

The Ohio Statehouse. One of those women is a state rep candidate, I believe

5 Likes

Wait, I only signed up for the imaginary eye bleach! :pleading_face:

10 Likes

Don’t these people have better things to do with their time?

8 Likes

Yes, one of these people will be taking up your grandma’s ICU bed. The grandma that has always loved you and has always been there for you, doing her best to spread the love and make you feel like you belong. And one of these people will be chosen over her for a treatment.

34 Likes

I’m picturing America in 1942, and trying to imagine a group of people feeling comfortable announcing in public that they weren’t going to be using blackout curtains in their coastal town or rationing their consumption of gasoline. Of course, they’d make clear that if anyone else felt comfortable using the curtains or rationing, they’d fully support that decision, but they do want people to respect their decision to leave the lights on and take a couple of fun road trips.

I wonder how those folks would have been treated by the rest of society, and I wonder when we can start treating these people the same way?

40 Likes

Or worse several of those people will never show symptoms and kill your grandma and other family’s grandmas by infecting them.

25 Likes

Or one of the people that they’ve spread infection to.

10 Likes

tenor (19)

16 Likes

Florida is holding Ohio’s beer.

12 Likes

I am beyond discouraged by the behavior of my fellow citizens.

14 Likes

Except that it’s not just about their health, but the health of those around them.

Also, this is against the community guidelines. We don’t assume destructive or bad behavior is due to mental illness. It only serves to stigmatize those actually dealing with mental illness and allows people to get off the hook for their actions.

29 Likes

People in Florida not wearing a mask- YOU are the reason Americans are being banned from other countries.

Now I can’t leave even if I needed to escape

Can we just round these idiots up and put them on their own cruise, at sea, to let nature have its way with them?

This is a new level of human stupidity, I absolutely cannot believe this shit

10 Likes

I wonder if that mother of two understands the importance of her children wearing diapers, and if so, why she cannot see the parallels with wearing a mask during this pandemic?

16 Likes