Watch this jaw-droppingly wild local news coverage of anti-mask protest in Utah

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/15/watch-this-jaw-droppingly-wild.html

8 Likes

“most child molesters love em!” oh my god, please stop this ride.

35 Likes

Did… the one Karen compare herself to George Floyd?

BITCH, you’re not DEAD.

55 Likes

At least 27% of the electorate “think” this way. We’re gonna need all the luck we can get.

32 Likes

In the 1980’s action film Escape from New York, the background of the setting is that New York City was turned into a high security prison because it was easier to put a wall around all the criminals.

The film may be prophetic, but with a twist. We’ll be putting a wall around very confused rural towns to keep them from wandering around in the outside world where it isn’t safe.

P.S. I’m from a medium-sized rural town, not everyone in the town is quite so extreme, but it’s part of the local culture to politely nod when your neighbor goes on about his weird ideas. We’re just happy to have someone to talk to.

7 Likes

Yeah! And let’s get rid of speed limits, tool! And seat belt laws! I identify as a free-driver! If you want to drive the speed limit, you can do that, but it’s federal overreach, nay, tyranny, to force us all! Don’t more people die in swimming pool drownings than car crashes? And I will tell you, it’s the deep-state pedophiles that are forcing 20 mph limits near schools so that they can normalize their leering!

35 Likes

I mean, not all of her is, anyway.

16 Likes

Yeah, I lost it there. The other idiots were just ignorant, but this lady took it over the top. C’mon, Utah. Salt Lake City is looking awesome.

11 Likes

Re: Those comparing George Floyd to mask wearing:

14 Likes

And a knee in the back is nowhere near the same thing as a mask you can breath through.

Same for the idiot “my body, my choice” assholes. If it was just your body we’d all let you go straight to hell.

15 Likes

One woman had a “my body, my choice” sign. I wonder if she is also in favor of legalized abortion. She must be, right???

22 Likes

Yeah but this is Utah…Mormons, magic underwear, child brides, goldenplates and magic spectacles and all that.

7 Likes

This calls for “anti-pants” counter-protests across the street

5 Likes

Makes sense. If you have magic underwear, you don’t need pants!

5 Likes

Can’t wait for the spike in hospitalizations that will inevitably occur by the end of next week!

Idiots.

8 Likes

it’s a strange self-own. hey even the people society normally deems to be the most reprehensible of all are doing more to protect fellow americans from covid than we are.

hmmm

10 Likes

THE WORST part of all this is the tv station/reporter just parroted their message, spread the lies!

3 Likes

Utah, the Florida of the west.

6 Likes

you joke, but im pretty sure a sizable of people believe the free market can fix all that.

when my cousin bought his house, he had two inspectors come to take a look. one happened to be originally from germany, the other a southerner born and bred.

the guy from… alabama maybe… was like don’t worry about all these building code things, all this stuff is just fine. the guy from germany said thank goodness for all these building codes, here’s a list of things to keep you safe.

true story.

23 Likes

I would posit that Arizona is the “Florida of the West”, having lived in both. Lots of cray Mormo’s in AZ, fer sher. And redneck trumphumpers.
Utah has a place in the “Western Stupo-sphere” pantheon, to be sure. This video makes a strong case for that.

3 Likes