Watch: Arizona man so outraged over people wearing masks he has to be carted out of store, toddler-style

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/11/watch-arizona-man-so-outraged.html

9 Likes

41 Likes

Something tells me that this isn’t that man’s sons
first time down that road.

54 Likes

tenor

35 Likes

You look like an idiot

Yes. Yes, they are the ones looking like idiots in their masks.

28 Likes

I give high marks to the son. Not an easy place for him to be in.

47 Likes

Bonus points for the coal-roller t-shirt.

17 Likes

I think I knew that guy in elementary school, middle school, high school, college and all the odd jobs I worked before leaving rural Pennsylvania.

35 Likes

I would give him higher marks if he wore a damn mask.

48 Likes

“So Good to See You”

Loving that sign.

7 Likes

The dude looks softer than a marshmallow… the tough guy posturing is just that, posturing.

12 Likes

I wish more antimaskers got dragged out like this, except in more humiliating ways.

Perhaps next time trip him up then dragged out by the back of their shirt neck.

7 Likes

He did have that expression on his face…

2 Likes

Just call 911.
911 every time.

1 Like

For the life of me, I can not in any way understand outrage about people wearing masks. Even if someone adamantly believes they don’t work or that COVID-19 isn’t real, in what way does someone wearing a mask demand actual outrage over it? Is it that they know they are wrong and can’t deal with the in-your-face reality that the person wearing the mask represents, but that’s the line they have to tow because that’s the side of the fence their team is on? I just don’t get it.

Now outrage about people not wearing masks I could objectively rationalize, because they are potentially putting other peoples lives at risk. But outrage for wearing a mask? Really?

43 Likes

Not really an ideal option, if one happens to be a Person of Color…

31 Likes

Someone please verify for me—at 00:36, the moment he gets picked up, he farts?

16 Likes

I would speculate that he’s being denied entry, although I can’t tell from the video. Screaming at people wearing masks is just impotent rage directed at people he feels are complicit in keeping him out of the store.

Simpler solutions to his problem, like just wearing a mask, would never even occur to him.

19 Likes

Unfortunately irony is totally dead and its corpse is picked over, because the richness of someone angry about people wearing masks while they themselves are a) maskless, b) on someone else’s private commercial property, and c) wearing basketball shorts and crew socks would otherwise induce hepatic steatosis. Note, however, that I am not condemning our collective descent to Athleisure Purgatory. It is comfier by far, but much harder to take oneself seriously while wearing.

12 Likes

Looks like the shirt is #rollcolls rather than “roll coal”

2 Likes