Screaming man threatens shoppers at Florida Costco

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/07/angry-man-screams-and-threaten.html

13 Likes

The way he yells the formulaic “I feel threatened!” without looking threatened in the slightest, perhaps he has a good future in law enforcement?

88 Likes

Ugh. Be careful out there. I was assaulted this past Tuesday by three Jersey Shore rejects for politely suggesting they wear masks at the bagel shop. They persisted longer than this fellow (or longer than the video, anyway), threatening myself and the shop/owner with physical violence and ultimately pursed me to my car where my children were (with the ac on), photographed the license plate and threatened to doxx us (under “fair use” no less :roll_eyes:). The assault was by breakfast burrito because this is the dumbest timeline possible (also, they missed for the same reason).

These assholes see the writing on the wall and are digging their heels in. Dear Leader has absconded all responsibility and is 100% devoted to enflaming a nationwide riot. Tread cautiously, keep your phone handy and be ready to walk away quickly. This is going to get much, much worse over the next few months.

71 Likes

And this asshole in Philly whips put a pistol because dog forbid social distancing:

Fear, it’s all they have.

37 Likes

My first thought was that he was probably with ‘law enforcement.’

25 Likes

It seems like some kind of weird anger management mantra.

15 Likes

Or in conservative punditry, where they also embrace false martyrdom.

This embarrassing situation courtesy of 40 years of Libertarian propaganda from American movement conservatism. I don’t blame the EU for continuing to ban travellers from this basket-case country.

38 Likes

Yes, that looks like a trained and practiced move. Either law enforcement, or some martial arts for crybabies.

33 Likes

Rex Kwon Do?

40 Likes

Seems my reply in the other topic applies here too:

Dear Costco,

Please exercise your membership agreement right to refund her his membership and at the minimum, institute a 1-year ban.

Thank you.

Signed, John Q Public.

Also, should there be extra PUNISHMENT for people ABUSING laws, esp. something as serious as stand your ground? I mean, there are consequences for “nuisance lawsuits”. Why shouldn’t there be greater consequences for something even more serious?

37 Likes

Another law abiding good guy with a gun. /s

15 Likes

Maybe if masks had guns…

12 Likes

I think the punishment is that in any court of law it can now be demonstrated that he either ignorantly or intentionally abuses the meaning of words so any testimony that he gives can be disregarded.

4 Likes

The Venn diagram of people who wear obnoxious graphic tees while refusing to wear a mask inside a public building to own the libs and also insist on a consequence-free environment* to do all of this while freaking the fuck out at anyone who challenges their selfishness is a circle.

*“consequence-free environment” is a bit of a mouthful, maybe we should come up with a shorter description of the concept; how about “safe space?”

33 Likes

It’s pretty tough to say “fuck” that loudly without visible covid-laced spittle flying from his mouth.

8 Likes

The word “Florida” always leaps out of these headlines for some reason.

13 Likes

That’s what insecurity looks like.

17 Likes

My first thought was, “what did the police do?” Oh, right, Florida.

9 Likes
17 Likes

Some gun “safety” courses teach you to yell “gun” as soon as you draw. It makes everyone around you think there must have been a gun, regardless of whether there actually was one. Sows doubt in witnesses that didn’t see the whole exchange.

38 Likes