Unmasked shopper asserts constitutional right to sit on the floor in Costco

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/04/unmasked-shopper-asserts-const.html

5 Likes

Amazing that the Founding Fathers had the foresight to assert a right to spread deadly diseases even in the days before Germ Theory gained widespread acceptance.

40 Likes

I suggest a Super Soaker filled with Lysol for dealing with covidiots like this.

15 Likes

No, she already injects it directly into her body at this point if she’s full potato

6 Likes

Conservatives: “Private businesses have the right to discriminate against anyone, including gay people!”

Costco: “We’re legally allowed to discriminate against people who violate the membership policies they agreed to while on our private property.”

Conservatives: “Not if it applies me!”

99 Likes

Sometimes children have tantrums when they’re 80 y/o.

27 Likes

“Mop-up on aisle twelve!”

13 Likes

“It’s a wonder that you still know how to breathe”

9 Likes

That employee acted wonderfully. With kindness and compassion and concern.

54 Likes

It’s amazing how much people will inconvenience themselves to avoid a much lesser inconvenience.

If Costco said I had to put my left foot in and shake it all about before entering the store, I’d either leave or shrug and do it, then get on with my shopping day.

33 Likes

Just surround her with Caution Wet Floor signs in a 6 foot diameter circle and go back to running the store. :slight_smile:

37 Likes

Another MAGAt who cares not one iota about private property rights - when the property isn’t hers

31 Likes

It’s just impossible for me to grasp what these people are thinking. What’s their end game? How do they suppose this behavior will benefit them or anyone, ever?

26 Likes

They actually had some understanding, and they, and the colonies, had been using quarantine for about a hundred years prior. Quarantines were not voluntary. https://www.mountvernon.org/library/digitalhistory/digital-encyclopedia/article/disease-in-the-revolutionary-war/

21 Likes

I need to read through the Constitution again, people seem to be finding all sorts of new rights buried in there.

32 Likes

I need to have a mask printed with the words, “I do this for you”.

29 Likes

This is a clip from the upcoming feature film, “Karen Gets a Tasing”.

9 Likes

Yeah, it’s a popular misconception that prior to Pasteur and John Snow, people didn’t know that proximity spreads disease. People have always known that. That’s why you have biblical leper-shunning and rich folks fleeing medieval towns during plagues and so on. With many infectious diseases, it is blindingly obvious that being near a sick person often leads to getting sick yourself. There was probably even some awareness that disease can be spread by breathing.

What olden-times folk didn’t know was how it worked, so they thought you could improve your general odds by bathing / not bathing / inhaling the right smells / etc. But that was only for when they couldn’t protect themselves by isolation (which they often couldn’t). Also they were clueless about the spread of disease through food, water and other routes.

But in terms of common sense about a respiratory infection like coronavirus, your typical Babylonian peasant probably edges out your modern MAGA individual.

55 Likes

The only thing missing from the tantrum is flailing and screaming.

7 Likes

It did remind me of a two year old having a temper tantrum.

6 Likes