Unmasked shopper asserts constitutional right to sit on the floor in Costco

I am incredibly impressed with the patience that all these employees show with these mask-hating maniacs. If I were in their place, I really think I’da already beaten 'em down with a wrench.

9 Likes

hey lady enjoy your new covid strain! Worrisome mutation: “At least four lab experiments suggest that the mutation makes the virus more infectious. Another study from Los Alamos National Lab finds that patients with the G variant actually have more virus in their bodies, i.e. more likely to spread it to others.

3 Likes

Yup. And masks go back to at least the 1600’s. image

14 Likes

Aren’t these the same people who prize the liberty of private property owners?

14 Likes

tantrum

31 Likes

It shows their Faith, hurts people they hate, and preserves their freedumb to imagine the world is exactly what they want it to be. Also feeds the fascist imperative to believe they are besieged victims

16 Likes

I can’t quite decide between the competing theories of “inchoate attempt to mitigate the terror of the abnormal by exercising such pitiful power as one has” and “like being someone who just wants to watch the world burn; but with fundamentally more mediocre antisocial tendencies”.

7 Likes

Speaking of which: the collective noun for a group of Covidiots is a Covfefe.

53 Likes

You can thank Trump and Fox for behavior like this.

13 Likes

I didn’t say that. I said germ theory hadn’t yet gained wide acceptance.

People knew disease was contagious, but they didn’t yet understand the mechanisms causing it.

14 Likes

No shirt, no shoes, no mask, no service!

10 Likes

I honestly don’t know where this notion that the government can’t tell you what to do came from. What the hell do they think laws do? Without realizing it, these people are advocating Anarchy as a system of government. Which would also mean no police. It’s so ironic that every fucking one of these “you can’t make me wear a mask” people is also a “blue lives matter” person who believes that if you just DO WHAT THE POLICE TELL YOU, you’ll be fine. How do their heads not explode from that much cognitive dissonance?

50 Likes

So much fucking this.

2 Likes

That employee acted wonderfully. With kindness and compassion and concern.

At risk to her own life. For $11-$17/hr.

(Not to be too dramatic about it, but she is in close contact and exposing herself, in inferior PPE, to: someone who has no mask, is obviously casual about the risk, probably has a lower immune response, someone demonstrably capable of acquiring the virus.)

And literally all it would take for this Karen to be a good little potato and wear her mask is: her dear leader saying it was okay or, at the very least, not politicizing the policy. This is a living dystopian screenplay too ridiculous to every be greenlit.

20 Likes

I’ve been struggling with the same question. I mean, yeah, there are the obvious explanations: stupid, entitled, selfish. But so many people are doing it, and it seems to be quite the age range. Are they really all under the thrall of Trump, or would they be doing this anyway? I can’t fathom it. Are there any cohesive theories on why people suddenly think a mask is infringing their rights? Do these people also go into restaurants without shirts and shoes (or pants) on a regular basis, and we just don’t hear about it?

8 Likes

According to my neighbor, “people who wear masks are scared of the virus. People who don’t wear masks are scared of the government.” I think he meant they don’t trust the government or are scared of government overreach, but you get the gist.
He was just speaking for the thoughts in his (Fox-watching) social group, but it seems fitting.
He was legitimately surprised when I told him the masks were more about protecting others than yourself.

16 Likes

Worst. Tiktok video. Ever.

There’s a sequel where she gets up and shuffle dances with the greeter, right?

6 Likes

Not at costco… the average wage there is about $17, and cashiers start at $11, which is well above minimum in most parts of the country. They are also unionized.

But they still should not have to deal with this BS for that wage. I agree with you there.

31 Likes

Meanwhile, he’s sitting on the floor of his bunker yelling “NO!”

10 Likes

Gosh, I wonder how dramatic it would be when you’d really be dramatic …

Bravo to the employee for handling the situation perfectly in all terms

1 Like