No-masker arrested at supermarket can't stop scolding cops who handcuff and arrest her

Originally published at: No-masker arrested at supermarket can't stop scolding cops who handcuff and arrest her | Boing Boing

13 Likes

Imagine trying to use that logic to justify any other crimes.

MANAGER: “Ma’am, our store has a policy against shitting on the floor. We’re going to have to ask you to leave.”

AFFRONTED PATRON: “Can you cite THE FEDERAL LAW forbidding me from shitting on your floor?”

MANAGER: “It’s an issue of store policy as well as state and local health regulations. We also reserve the right to refuse service to any customer for any reason.”

PATRON: “AHA! So you CAN’T cite the law! I shall see you in court!” [Continues shitting]

66 Likes

ima1313ges

37 Likes

There was another one I saw yesterday along with this one where an entitlement of Karens tried to get into a store maskless and kept telling the staff that they would be arrested for touching them when the staff was trying to block their entry. They also claimed it was false imprisonment to keep them out of the store. But the last few satisfying seconds involved the cops showing up, the Karens pointing out the employees who should be arrested, and the cops grabbing the Karens instead.

It’s incredibly weird to see videos these days where you cheer for the cops. It also points out the privilege that these white people experience when they get the kid gloves from cops for stuff we’ve seen POCs get beaten and tasered for elsewhere.

52 Likes

Well… they couldn’t let her drive home.

12 Likes

Narcissists gotta narciss

14 Likes

It’s like she doesn’t understand what it means to be arrested, and she’s asking for a mulligan. “Ah, okay. Let’s just leave the store.” Which is what the store and the police requested in the first place.

Once again we see how deferential the police are because she’s a white woman. Grrr.

24 Likes

Can you cite THE FEDERAL LAW

Can we get a follow up video of her public defender explaining Ohio’s trespassing law to her?

20 Likes

Oh man, if there were a YouTube channel dedicated to before/after court follow-ups for stuff like this I would break the sound barrier subscribing to it.

20 Likes

I’m a little put off by all the Karen baiting going on. Its not like men don’t act like entitled assholes from time to time too.

3 Likes

If you’re going to work this hard to recall and cite law, you should probably make sure your law degree isn’t from Facebook University.

27 Likes

Just call them the gender neutral Don’t Kare Bears

8 Likes

When told that the store can ask her to leave for any reason, she keeps repeating the magical phrase “Do they serve the public?”

I wonder what that means in her universe?

26 Likes

912024cd08ed5e4674c8c42c6344d41b

15 Likes

The slurring suggests alcohol impairment may have played a role. It brought out her inner fuckwit.

11 Likes

Nothing can shout “I MAH OWN GAWD!” like a Karen.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but I need to see this woman crying in court.

10 Likes

This is about a mile from where I live…smdh

16 Likes

Well, she can’t complain about being labelled a “Karen.” Her parents did that.

14 Likes

Those are some extraordinarily patient cops.

6 Likes