No-masker arrested at supermarket can't stop scolding cops who handcuff and arrest her

They weren’t so patient when they gave me a ticket for not using a turn signal when changing lanes. $114.00 later…

14 Likes

Well, at least she was arrested and taken into custody. That isn’t happening NEARLY often enough with these white anti-masker sociopaths. Often, they’re merely warned and shooed away. Hopefully the prosecutors and judge will hit her with a substantial fine.

21 Likes

Oh wow is that actually a 50 cent soda machine?

8 Likes

Men are equally capable of being Karens.

Being a Karen is about actions and attitude regardless of gender or sex.

My own father is a massive Karen.

20 Likes

She really did make everything harder for herself. She probably wouldn’t have been arrested had she left the store when asked by the police and identified herself. She wouldn’t have been charged with resisting arrest if she hadn’t started walking away from police while detained.

She also probably wouldn’t have had the police called if she’d just left when told to leave.

She seems to think that she can sue the police for misconduct, when she was clearly the one at fault there, and their actions were clearly covered by qualified immunity.

That all said, I wish that the police always had such kid gloves for their interaction with the public. It’s easy to imagine her reaching for her purse, the police saying that in the split second that they thought she was reaching for a firearm, and someone ending up dead. That would have likely been covered by qualified immunity in most jurisdictions as well.

4 Likes

The most common tripe I’ve heard from Karens in these videos is that they claim the Civil Rights Act of 1964 creates a religious-based exemption that bars discrimination by a business “open to the public” for “religious reasons.” Alternately, I’ve also heard them use the same argument except citing the ADA and medical exemptions. They’ll cite federal law because it trumps state laws and they’ll also argue (like this woman did) that state orders and mandates “aren’t laws” even though they are and she’s just playing semantics like a sovereign citizen.

What she doesn’t understand is that even if the Civil Rights Act covered her not wearing a mask for religious reasons (ha!), it still wouldn’t stop a store from “discriminating” against her because of the threat a maskless person poses in a pandemic. It would be like arguing that your religious beliefs allow you to wear a suit full of sharp poison-tipped spikes and walk through a crowd of people and they’re discriminating against your religion if they try to stop you.

22 Likes

Are you sure you want to know? It might hurt your brain. When I’ve run into people making the same argument they are basically truncating the language of the public accommodations clause of the 64 civil rights act. They take this

All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation ,

and chop off the reasons that can’t be used to keep them out.

12 Likes

“What is the federal law that prevents me from wearing a face mask?”

Uh, I think you’ve got that backwards, Karen.

11 Likes

24 Likes

Most of the time, these entitled assholes bully the employees into giving way, or they might get shooed off, screaming curses at the employees. They then proudly post their videos on social media to the praise of their little social circle (fellow Facebook lawyers and antivaxxers). It’s so refreshing to see the cops haul them off.

Now if only they’d treated that traumatized nine-year-old in Rochester with the same deference as this white Ohio Karen.

11 Likes

Kinda the problem with the interwebs, it only makes you think you’re smarter.

2 Likes

Just her pointing finger makes me want to slap her. She is so incredibly rude.

4 Likes

Oh shit, I’d love that. Also her meetings with lawyers to discuss how the lawsuit she wants to file isn’t going to go anywhere.

They’ve had plenty of videos of male Karens, too.

Hey now, I’m sure “person refusing to wear a mask” must be a protected class!

5 Likes

“You are under arrest for failing to wear a mask while white.”

3 Likes

For shame, sir, I conclude that she attended a more salubrious establishment of learning; like Prager U.

4 Likes

They are Dicks.

Waiting to read some Karen and Dick couple making some totally obnoxious.

3 Likes

Karens! They’re everywhere! They’re everywhere! (with apologies to Chicken Man).

So apparently the key is to say “I’m so gonna sue your ass” instead of “I can’t breathe.”

2 Likes

Yeah. She deserves the arrest, but she also clearly LOVES it. She’s kind of getting exactly what she wants, which is a bit of drama in her vacuum of a life. So it’d be nice if someone could take the fart out of her sails by not calling the cops, and just telling her in a reasonable tone that she’s very rude.

Then when she’s all deflated, they should call the cops.

Unfortunately this is just a fantasy; if someone wants drama and doesn’t care what it costs them, they are sadly unstoppable.

4 Likes

Yeah, I hate the term “Karen” and won’t use it. There’s no male equivalent. I just use the universal term “asshole” (or “arsehole”, if you use UK spelling).

3 Likes