Watch: Karen and Gentleman attack a bakery owner over masks, then get arrested

Originally published at: Watch: Karen and Gentleman attack a bakery owner over masks, then get arrested | Boing Boing

12 Likes

But we didn’t get to find out what trespassing really means to them. Hair pulling? Really, not a satisfying ending even with the high schaudenfreude value.

5 Likes

Jeez; I’m glad I got an admin job rather than a service one.

21 Likes

I almost grow tired of saying this, but no, it has to be said, it has to be screamed from the rooftops:
PLAY STUPID GAMES, WIN STUPID PRIZES
Trump and his cult have infantilized America to the point where people like this think that their delusional views and misinterpretation of “The Constitution” stand above all laws, morals, ethics, and standards of human decency. These CREEPS went in there specifically to cause trouble for the owner, esentially stalking her, because she doesn’t agree with their delusions.

50 Likes

Having watched way too many fight videos, it does seem that long hair is a serious liability. Somebody needs to invent a tactical hair net. Perhaps a badass motorcycle helmet would have been more useful than a bat?

5 Likes

You couldn’t ask for better video evidence. The guy even contradicts what happened AFTER the cop viewed it. :man_shrugging:

Here’s what they love to quote:

(F)
enjoying the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any inn, hotel, motel, or other establishment which provides lodging to transient guests, or of any restaurant, cafeteria, lunchroom, lunch counter, soda fountain, or other facility which serves the public and which is principally engaged in selling food or beverages for consumption on the premises, or of any gasoline station, or of any motion picture house, theater, concert hall, sports arena, stadium, or any other place of exhibition or entertainment which serves the public, or of any other establishment which serves the public and (i) which is located within the premises of any of the aforesaid establishments or within the premises of which is physically located any of the aforesaid establishments, and (ii) which holds itself out as serving patrons of such establishments; or

But they always conveniently leave out the heading:

(2) any person because of his race, color, religion or national origin and because he is or has been—

They always love to quote just F, when it’s actually 2F.

I hope the owner sues the pants off them in civil court.

ETA: And furthermore…fuck them for trying as white folks to appropriate federal protections for minorities and marginalized people. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

55 Likes

It seems like Oregon is trying to become the new Florida. Lots of crazy people lately.

3 Likes

His first line - “Uh,do you… serve the public?” :unamused:
Reminds me of this lovely lady

17 Likes

Wow, you need a bouncer at a bakery now?
Blink 182 Reaction GIF

40 Likes

I’d be happy to do it for two donuts a day. :man_shrugging:

Stand outside. We’ll be happy to bring your order to you and receive payment. It’s as simple as that.

26 Likes

They took down their original video on youtube. I don’t have their channel but they have a MANY videos of doing this kind of crap. It’s like a legal gold mine for the DA’s case since they don’t edit anything it seems. It’s all 100% what they’ve done and it just makes them look bad (rightly so).

43 Likes

Trigger warning on this video maybe? That was upsetting to watch. Hope that shop owner wasn’t hurt too badly.

What a bunch of fucking assholes.

23 Likes

They think they can “defend themselves” with protracted violence when the door is option and they are refusing to leave?
That’s gonna work.

7 Likes

She had some minor injuries. These people were first class morons, with charges from doing this already.

18 Likes

Charged with third degree assault which can result in up to 5 years of jail time and up to $125,000 in fines.

11 Likes

Am I a bad person for hoping that these two assholes try this kind of shit with someone who isn’t putting up with it and who gives them the beat-down they deserve? Because I’m afraid their current legal troubles won’t result in any real consequences for them, nor stop them from assaulting others, because it hasn’t so far.

25 Likes

For sure it’s some legal soup that’s circulating on kook social media. “Say these magic words!”

16 Likes

It’s the same way they read the bible. They leave out all the parts they don’t like.

23 Likes

I live in Eugene and the good news part of this is that she has had to stop taking orders so she can catch up with all the orders that have been coming in because of this.

Thank you all for your amazing support.
However, we CANNOT accept any more orders at this time.
We have been overwhelmed by your love and generosity and cannot begin to express how much it has meant to us.
Our phone lines are blowing up with hundreds of calls of support. And VERY, VERY little from the other side.
We have more orders than a small business like ours can get through in a reasonable time
so we encourage you to try us back next week when things have, hopefully, settled down a bit.
Until then… if you would like to donate, or tip, or simply show your support financially
you can PayPal us at UncleTony@Crumbtogether.com

http://www.crumbtogether.com

She has became a target of the mask holes back in September because she had a sign out front pointing out that we had to go back to masking because people where not getting vaccinated.

47 Likes

as glad as i was to see those 2 complete fuckwits get locked up, another story about assholes and masks was really not the last thing i wanted to view on BB this week, LOL. any videos of someone restoring a rusted out red wagon, or something like that before i go?

EDIT: i found the little cat elevator video, i’m good. peace!

18 Likes