Watch: Karen and Gentleman attack a bakery owner over masks, then get arrested

They always pick some little shop, or a chain store where the employees have no say. If they’re so sure of their legal theories, they should stop messing around and march into the police station without masks. “You serve the public, right?”

29 Likes

They only learned enough to upload the videos from their phones; editing is totally beyond their cognitive capabilities.

10 Likes

You just need a somewhat easily detachable wig that strongly adheres to the grabber, fitted with explosives with a remote detonator. You can buy them on Amazon. Or maybe it was Acme.

10 Likes

23 Likes

Better not to let somebody get inside like that. If someone is aggressive and closes the distance closer than arms length, their intent is obvious. Use a push or kick to the shins to back them off while shouting loudly “GET BACK!” Does two things, gets other peoples attention (so they can get their phones ready for the Yootoobs) and shows that you are not the aggressor.

6 Likes

That was really difficult to watch. My heart goes out to that shop owner.
A quick search for complicity law in Oregon turned up this:

State v. Burney
FILED: December 17, 2003

At the close of the evidence, the trial court instructed the jury regarding the elements of assault in the third degree as provided in ORS 163.165(1)(e). It also instructed the jury as follows regarding aid and abet liability:

*"A person who is involved in committing a crime may be charged and convicted of the c[rime] if, with the intent to promote or facilitate the commission of the crime, that person aids and abets someone in committing the crime or solicits or commands someone to commit the crime or attempts to aid or abet someone in committing the crime. Under these circumstances, it is not necessary for that person ctually to be personally present at the time and place of the commission of the crime.

"A person aids and abets another person in the commission of a crime if the person, * * * with the intent to promote or make easier the commission of the crime, engage–encourages, procures, advises, or assists, by act or advice, the planning or the commission of the crime.

8 Likes

Oregon has a long, racist history:

15 Likes

‘Karen and Gentleman’?
We need a name to refer to male Karens…
Carlson?
Madison?
Ted?

FTFY
Although, it seems to me it’s more like You Know Who gave permission for these idiots to embrace their Inner Assholery & forget about being a member of society.
These people [and others of their ilk] were already ‘infantilized’.

I can’t comprehend the mangled thought processes which would lead these goobers to think that they can publicize assaults they commit & suffer no consequences ever.
Same as that woman who thought she was immune from prosecution because she is a white-skinned blonde.
Yeah, I know the odds are in their favor [depending on the locality], but still…

Maybe I’m a worse person for hoping for more than a mere ‘beat-down’.

They all do that.

@ generic_name
I was *going to say:
‘I hope that person’s 3rd grader wrote that.’
But on second thought, no. I hope not.
It displays the mentality involved.

10 Likes

I always had this impression of Oregon as a bastion of liberalism and free thinking, but I work with someone originally from Oregon who talks about it like it’s Florida West. I think my perception has been colored by Portland (or at least Portland’s reputation, which seemed to be confirmed by a brief visit … [checks calendar] … good god, 20 years ago?!).

5 Likes

“Tactical Hair Net” - I’m intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

7 Likes

One day these idiots will corner someone who is armed and has prepared themselves with an untraceable drop-gun.

1 Like

Can I interest you in some This Old Tony instead? The Infamous Mini Lathe! - YouTube

4 Likes

Zero credits to the guy next door who came out to see what the fuss was, saw his neighbour getting beat up, then quietly went back inside.

That poor shopowner had to go home that night and deal with having been horribly assaulted. That fucking sucks. Fuck those two jerks.

We can all savour our schadenfreude over their likely convictions, but that doesn’t change what the worker had to experience. Fucking fuck.

25 Likes

“Two maskholes walk into a coffee shop to record their idiocy.”
I can’t wait for the judge to tell them the punchline.

10 Likes

She should have started swinging for the fences the moment she got that bat out.

Never brandish a weapon. Weapons only escalate. Get a weapon and use it immediately, or don’t get a weapon at all.

If this couple got a pair of skull fractures they might have learned their lesson.

20 Likes

The Karen clearly shoves the business owner first, that’s assault right there. Stupid is as stupid does.

10 Likes

I’ve said it before, and i say it again …

ahhh,
ha,
ha,
haaaaaaa

They can’t “defend themselves” because they are the aggressors 100% of the time in this video.

They entered premises they didn’t have a right to, disobeyed a lawful order to leave, then attacked the store owner.

If anything these two are lucky to be alive. In other parts of oregon they would have been shot for that.

15 Likes

The police wouldn’t care. Most of them don’t want to wear masks and I was surprised the cops arrested antimaskers at all.

The only reason they did was to protect capital (the bakery) if this was a private residence they likely wouldn’t have come, or come and just said “there’s nothing we can do, sort it out amongst yourselves”.

11 Likes

IOW, they’re trying to pull sovereign citizen stuff outside the courtroom. “Do you serve the public” is trying to invent a method to make people do whatever they want. I’m disappointed these two assholes won’t get more than a few weeks in a local lockup.

8 Likes