Utah grocery employee recounts mask policy drama at the store

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/20/utah-grocery-employee-recounts.html

9 Likes

As a former Utahn I’m not surprised at the white fragility

14 Likes

If that guy thinks that masks restrict oxygen flow, I wonder what his reaction will be when he comes to after someone removes the paper bag from over his mouth and nose.

5 Likes

I have nothing but empathy for all the service workers of America who have to put up with the senseless stupidity of these folks. They get paid too little for having to put up with that shit in enforcing corporate policy. Good to hear the manager is quick to jump in for this fellow.

47 Likes

Same, same. It seems patently unfair that low wage service workers are put in this position.
On a related note, isn’t it telling that there have never been this kind of illogical refusals to adhere to the “no shoes, no shirt, no service” policies? Hmmmm, I wonder what (or rather, who) the difference is…

21 Likes

What a hilarious and sad read through!

I want to facepalm so badly, but I’m not supposed to touch my face.

14 Likes

Who has that endless face palming Sisko gif?

7 Likes

25 Likes

That’s the guy… thanks!

11 Likes

In the future they may call this the Stupid Plague. Because after the first wave only stupid people wont wear a mask. RIP stupid.

6 Likes

I’m already calling it ‘the Dumb-pocalypse.’

17 Likes

Makes ya wonder if these people have the sense to wash their hands after going to the bathroom?

4 Likes

I thought the Dumb-pocalypse started on Election Day, 2016.

7 Likes

Mustn’t… touch… face…

7 Likes

You jest, but IIRC stats on all diseases suggest that just getting people to wash their hands properly has reduced the cases of disease markedly, suggesting that no, many folks really weren’t washing their hands before!

22 Likes

Yeah, but not only are they stupid, they also have the mentality of toddlers. (Apologies to toddlers for the comparison.)

1 Like
2 Likes

A senior gentleman assulted a grocery store clerk in a small Ontario town of Minden last Thursday when asked to wear a mask in the store. I have friends living close by in the area, everyone is shocked to say the least.

tl/dr The man left the store after police were called, whom followed the man to his home at which point the man produced a firearm and fired at the Officers. All because he took offence to being told to wear a mask.

12 Likes

How on Earth did that guy survive to be 73 years old? How did any of these people who respond to mandatory mask policies with violence ever function in society to begin with?

11 Likes