Sandwich store makes valiant attempt to educate covidiots

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/03/sandwich-store-makes-valiant-a.html

25 Likes

Good luck with that. Hubris and entitlement are part of my Trump given rights!

31 Likes

I love the little sandwich shops and pizzerias that have a wall of photos for people who earned lifetime bans.

We need to start banning people from stores if they are shouting at staff or getting in fist fights with customers. Employees and store owners don’t need to put up with such anti-social behavior. The amount of money that some raging idiot might spend at a store is far less than what numerous people who now shy away from your store could have spent. The profit motive alone should be enough for stores to crack down on the maladjusted.

48 Likes

I support this innovation wholeheartedly, though I’m a little sad that it’s an innovation.

22 Likes

Is it legal in the US to enforce a dress code to the customers? Maybe it needs to be displayed near the entrance but tyat should end the discussion

5 Likes

Many state health departments have a no bare feet policy in grocery stores. Also, most retailers and all indoor restaurants in CA have a “no shirt, no shoes, no service” policy. As far as other dress codes, some establishments do have dress codes. Some may require jackets or a suit and tie, and others may ban shorts and tank tops.

30 Likes

I suspect most no-makers are either willfully ignorant or just not smart enough to understand.

Well, given that the Venn diagram of “people who think businesses should be allowed to refuse gay customers” and “people who think it’s unreasonable for businesses to require them to wear a mask” is pretty close to being a circle, I suspect it’s more than ignorance and stupidity at play.

41 Likes

Ha, they expect a no-masker to read that wall of text?!

Alternatively …

Ha, they expect a no-masker to read?!

15 Likes

Ha, they expect a no-masker to have any respect for an authority other than themselves?

18 Likes

93 Likes

Important thing i learned many years ago - sarcasm is wasted on the dim.

Not that this is sarcasm, mind you. But they’re still dim. so… :grinning:

16 Likes

17 Likes

Yes, i heard of that type of signs but, are they legally enforceable? Can it be challenged in court?

Yes, they are legally enforceable, because of health codes.

Under federal anti-discrimination laws, businesses can refuse service to any person for any reason, unless the business is discriminating against a protected class.

32 Likes

I am of the mind these days that states with “stand your ground” and overly vague “castle doctrine” laws should take advantage of them and shoot people who don’t wear masks and refuse to leave a store. After all it is self defense from a trespasser who is intentionally trying to kill customers and workers with his infections.

6 Likes

Get yours here:

30 Likes

The fact that we actually need a sign to remind us of that proves that Covidiots are definitely idiots…

8 Likes

“Hey, if you wanted me to wear pants you should have included that on the sign!”

I’m pretty sure non-health-related dress codes are legally enforceable too, because the Constitution doesn’t guarantee you the right to dine in a formal restaurant without a tie.

16 Likes

‘No pants’ can easily get into “indecent exposure” territory.

Also, since you kinda brought it up:

31 Likes

GayCake

34 Likes