Reporter asks why Trump cult covidiots won't wear masks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/23/reporter-asks-why-trump-cult-c.html

16 Likes

Covidiots. That describes many of the people I worked with and lived around in my nearly 20 years in the Phoenix East Valley (Mesa/Tempe).
These people are representative of the level of hate and ignorance I experienced there first hand. The excessive heat bakes their brains.
I will never return!
Phuck Phoenix!

38 Likes

I want to learn more about the sexy minotaur in the background.

21 Likes

In a Crichton-esque twist of the highest order, the pre-emergent phase of the virus turns out to be specifically targeting MAGAts and swizzling what remains of their brains into mush so that they will resist any attempts at immunity offered to them by the rest of the population. Some deaths are inevitable among the population at large, but those are incidental. In effect, the virus is a highly attuned viral edition of Toxoplasma gondii that eventually turns the infected MAGAts into super carriers. It is suspected that most actively infected human hosts will live into the middle of November 2020 and then expire shortly thereafter in order to minimize the systemic load prior to the second, far more nefarious, wave of the virus’s spread when it will jump to non-MAGAts and zombify them so that they can be put to hard labor in the Koch Camps.

26 Likes

Whataboutism in the face of a pandemic. It must be gratifying for Putin to see one of his old agency’s favourite fallacious arguments being so widely used in the U.S. now as a result of his meddling.

38 Likes

I sincerely hope they remain steadfast in their beliefs when a vaccine becomes available. Voluntary extinction is certainly their right, I just don’t want anyone else to catch the virus from them in the meantime.

22 Likes

So I guess the 2020 Republican National Convention is going to be held in Jacksonville FL now?

Jacksonville, a city that didn’t have enough hotel rooms to handle the crowds for the Super Bowl, so they docked a bunch of cruise ships to act as hotels

Yep. Go to the RNC. Don’t wear a mask. Sleep on a cruise ship.

What could go wrong?

37 Likes

Hey folks if you drink bleach you’ll really make those libtards’ heads explode!

21 Likes

I think one takeaway from this week is that “too many supporters for local venues to accommodate” isn’t likely to be one of Trump’s biggest problems for 2020.

37 Likes

Until you remember, “the cruelty is the point.”

I just hope that some of them get to experience the fallout of this stupidity up close and personal. Perhaps it will open their eyes? Probably not.

18 Likes

As with all polling you have to phrase the question correctly.

Why do you take medical advice from a grifter with tertiary syphilis?

21 Likes

“Why dont the lib media ask this of all the protesters”
A: “because the majority of them are wearing masks. So why are you not wearing a mask?”

“Why dont you answer my question???!!!” ad infinitum

13 Likes

What’s up with this guy?

Did Trump get endorsed by the Loyal Order of Water Buffaloes?

37 Likes

I’m not sure where you’re from, so I’m going to assume it’s not J’viil.

The Keys are great in the winter. Tons of nice beaches and whatnot. Then you head north and hit Ft. Lauderdale or Miami if you have $$. Head across alligator ally and you can reach Tampa or Orlando. Keep going north then you hit Jacksonville. UNF! Do not go into the panhandle. You’ve been warned.

4 Likes

i would’ve asked that guy if he watched any coverage of the hours and hours of any of the protests at all, because it was very evident that by far the majority of people at them were wearing masks.

23 Likes

I think you might be a bit of an optimist if you’re assuming they have a coherent philosophy, beyond whatever they’ve been told to think this week.
As an outsider it looks to me like they’re happy as long as the other side is unhappy.
It seems like an odd way to run a country, but it’s what you’re stuck with.

11 Likes

Mildly related, but seeing how hopeless becomes any reasoning with these people brought this circular reasoning gem to mind.

12 Likes

Yeah, exactly. I think a lot of people don’t get the point of that little “game”.

It effectively behaves similarly to several other ways of signaling out-group membership. It signals that it is OK to be mean to people who fit a certain profile.

It also escalates to match power dynamics. If November fails to offer a change of direction, you should expect “lib owning” to escalate to more normalized outright violence.

6 Likes

I was going to bring attention

GhoulAtRally
to this ghoul who may or may not be drinking a 2 liter bottle of human urine.

I’m glad I wasn’t seeing things.

11 Likes

Exhibit A:

12 Likes