Reporter asks why Trump cult covidiots won't wear masks

That’s the problem, right? If it were only their own lives they were risking, well…hey, their bodies, their choices. The problem is that they’re almost certainly going to infect other people who are doing their best to stay safe. Just so goddamn selfish.

15 Likes

I watched a lot of coverage of BLM protests. They almost always had masks on. Where did they see protests without masks?

19 Likes

This and dinosaurs: The only two Crichton stories I want to be true!

4 Likes

On FOX, when they did continuous, repeated shots of the few who weren’t wearing masks, all while some dickhead lied that such scofflaws were typical.

21 Likes

Remember all that projection they did about protesters and people against him at the rallies being paid and bused in from other states? I’m hoping that from now on his campaign has to spend a lot of money on paid seat warmers to bolster his fragile ego.

13 Likes

This way we can take them out to sea for quarantine. They don’t have to come back.

4 Likes

BTW Masks are legally required in public in Arizona in Mesa and Phoenix among others. These scofflaws should all be rounded up and put in cages.

12 Likes

Well as one famous philosopher once said… ‘stupid is as stupid does’…

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure he just confused his protests,

Probably meant these fine fellows.

22 Likes

I just spent an hour getting my outrage fix by looking at foxnews and r/conservativememes. Whenever you see pictures of alleged antifa mobs, they are all wearing masks and usually come with some sort of drivel about how their hiding their identity means they have no integrity.

I will say that of all the attempted “gotchas” the fascists spew, the “protestors get a pass by the fake news for spreading covid” is the closest they come to making any sense at all. There is a grain of truth that the protests didn’t get the same shocked outrage that the media gave to the good old boys having a pool party in the Ozarks. But this little vaguely accurate morsel of whataboutism is literally the most coherent argument they seem capable of making. Sad.

6 Likes

It’s also quite the feat of mental gymnastics that the protesters both aren’t wearing masks, and are wearing masks to hide their identities according to right-wing media.

15 Likes

I was being a bit facetious- I know full well that anything they claim is a deeply-held belief will change on a dime depending on what Trump or Fox News says. And the moment the virus stops disproportionately affecting Black people and starts mostly affecting Trump’s denialists instead, their marching orders will change and they’ll line up for the vaccine, claiming that they knew all along that the virus was a serious threat and that it’s all the fault of a liberal conspiracy that it took Mighty Trump so long to deliver the cure. They will never think twice about any of it. Hell, they won’t even think once.

11 Likes

A friend of a friend was expounding on FB that if it was attacking the faithful like him, and leaving the protesting antifa types alone, it was just more evidence that the virus was manmade. I pointed out that anyone who wanted to build a virus that attacked people would have a much much much easier time making and weaponizing existing off the shelf viruses like Marburg or ebola, and no one knows how to make a virus that attacks based on political party. And that if people had that sort of savvy, they’d use it to grow T-rex’s that only ate presidents with orange hair.

8 Likes

The moment the virus ceases to be a weapon they can inflict on others and turns into a risk to only themselves, they’ll immediately drop all their faux outrage and plug their ears screaming “LALALALALALA” whenever anyone brings up how they were supposedly so passionate about the issue that they held gun-toting rallies and painted themselves as the most oppressed people in history because they couldn’t get a haircut. In a twisted way, they’re actually behaving quite selflessly- as long as someone else is getting hurt, they’re willing to accept quite a bit of risk for themselves. These are the same sort of people who shoot themselves in the foot voting against programs that will benefit them personally- all because they might also benefit undesirables, and someone unworthy getting a handout is the worst crime they can imagine.

10 Likes

No problem. Schrödinger, Inc., will be more than pleased to supply.

4 Likes

We’ve already seen how puzzled some folks get with the basic mask, like leaving the nose hanging out, or wearing it sideways with the ear straps behind the head.

It’s got to be super confusing when your recreational headwear usually comes with eyeholes and a friendly white point aimed at heaven.

5 Likes

One thing I’ve learned: never ascribe to ignorance what could just as easily be explained by malice.

8 Likes

The covidiots were very ill long before the plague.

4 Likes

BTW masks are required by law in Mesa and Phoenix.

4 Likes

Indeed.

10 Likes