Despite CDC recommendations to the contrary, hate group intends to hold rally

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/01/despite-cdc-recommendations-to.html

3 Likes

Before everyone starts in with the “good, hope a lot of bigots get sick” comments remember that the sick bigots will further spread the virus to non-bigots and further overwhelm our already vastly under-staffed, under-equipped healthcare system.

55 Likes

Indeed. I don’t feel schadenfreude over anyone getting this - just shake-my-head sadness that people can be so willfully stupid.

19 Likes

geez, never mind then.

7 Likes

I want to say good but these yahoos will likely be typhoid nazis and spread this shit and even these assholes would deliberately go after minorities with it.

19 Likes

Is there much difference?

14 Likes

Are these the proxies Trump is referring to about the Iran sneak attack ?

13 Likes

Easy solution – once in, they stay for 2 weeks… eh, maybe 3.

11 Likes

An illustration that wishing ill on your enemy can come back to bite you in the ass…

And because the world is unjust, I could see a ventilator being used to keep one of these dinosaurs alive while someone else goes with out.

26 Likes

When stupid comes to town, this is what it looks like.

21 Likes

Yep. Every single person who is hospitalized right now—whether for COVID-19 or something else—uses up desperately needed resources that are already in short supply and about to become much moreso.

9 Likes

Why are “hate” groups singled out? How are they any different from the mega pastors in FL? The “I’m still gonna go to MAGA events” crowd? WOOT spring breakers? Dumb people are going to pull this shit until they start putting bars on peoples doors as they are doing in a certain other country…

4 Likes

I think y’all are making way too much of this. They’re not going to catch any Chinese diseases at their meeting since they won’t let in anyone who isn’t 100% American.

17 Likes

Well, one big difference is that, as retrograde and foolish as they are, they aren’t actively trying to incite genocide. I’m sure many of them are in private, but there aren’t many churches with that messaging.

12 Likes

Those groups have all been singled out for condemnation as well.

This event is especially atrocious because it was a terrible, hateful idea to begin with and is even more terrible now that it’s likely to become a major vector for a deadly disease pandemic.

26 Likes

We know about “mega pastors in FL”, the “I’m still gonna go to MAGA events” crowd, and “WOOT spring breakers”, and — by the way – coronavirus parties from the news media. And now the news media is reporting this latest threat to everyone else’s health. All these groups are being “singled out” (pardon the absurdism).

(I should’ve read @Brainspore post first. Oopsie.)

12 Likes

preview of event

24 Likes

Not if they are arrested for the gathering on the spot and quarantined.
(I am trying to find creative ways to have these losers locked away safely)

15 Likes

I checked their website. It looks like they doing their conference in late June.
(I am not going to link to those scumbags)

That is actually kinda reasonable.

What on Earth makes you think that large social gatherings are going to be any safer in late June. Get used to lockdown, it’s the new normal for the next couple of years - assuming that current efforts to develop a vaccine pan out, which is by no means guaranteed. Until there’s a vaccine - and the industrial production to produce hundreds of millions of doses, there will be continued lockdown, because as soon as it’s lifted, this thing is going to come roaring back!

5 Likes