Trump rally attendees nearly freeze to death after rally

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/28/trump-rally-attendees-nearly-freeze-to-death-after-rally.html

12 Likes

Not surprised at all that this happened to the Donnie party.

It’s a pretty known fact that he doesn’t give a shit about his base. Heck, one of the first things he did as president is cut federal funding for Meals On Wheels.

71 Likes

An event related to the cold… I see what you did there😉

They were bussed in, but the busses actually left them there? Wow. Literally abandoning his followers to die in the cold. He’s really trying to top that 5th Avenue idea of his. What a sociopathic piece of shit.

56 Likes

Magasicles

49 Likes

I think the deal was there were some shuttle buses between the arena/site and the parking area. The limited number of buses was enough to shuttle everyone in gradually over the course of a few hours, but was not enough when everyone tried to leave all at once when the event ended.

You’d think a presidential campaign would be on top of these kinds of details, especially this late in the game, but we’re talking about a band of incompetent grifters here so…

52 Likes

how much more evidence do MAGA cultists need that he doesn’t care about them, only their votes? i hope those people are rethinking who they would vote for today, but i’m not going to hold my breath.

26 Likes

So it only affected old people with preexisting conditions. The weather will get warmer by April and this will all just go away. Fake news!

88 Likes

Frostbit fingers might, might just be an impediment to filling out a voting form.

Who I am kidding? They’ll use their teeth or stick pencils in their ears.

15 Likes

I wouldn’t really expect any group of humans to anticipate failure points like this. All of human history is just failure after failure like this, but I guess as a species we fail upwards (depending on your definition of upwards). But it’s sad that humans would consider this an appealing event to begin with. I hope at least one attendee had their political confidence shaken by this experience.

2 Likes

Simpsons did it!

27 Likes
41 Likes

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

7 Likes

(She’s a left leaning comedian)

34 Likes

Thank dog. I was trying to be generous and to believe that hypothermia had affected this young woman’s cognitive functions. Poe’s Law strikes again.

18 Likes

She’s using trump’s testing argument on rally attendees. There wouldn’t be so many elders if you didn’t count them. I hope this woman is unable to procreate.

I’ve heard that it was also partially that the buses for shuffling people back and forth were bringing people to the airport. The airport that was shut down because the President was taking off on Airforce One.

5 Likes

And not one vote was lost.

14 Likes

Thoughts and prayers

18 Likes

I wouldn’t really expect any group of humans to anticipate failure points like this

Then demand better of humans. This is totally what humans do better than any other animal. “Everyone screws up” is a disingenuous defense in this case.

The Biden Bus was here this morning. It’s -2 Farenheit. They held it outside a donut shop. Folks had coffee. They were in a parking lot ten feet from their cars. Nobody needed to go to the hospital.

One of my family’s side gigs is event planning. And some of those events were big political events. There’s no way we would have dropped the ball like this. Planning crowd control and exit is a big part of event planning, so is checking the weather report. Part of being a leader is considering your followers. 45 could have met them somewhere slightly less convenient for him, like in the parking lot.

44 Likes

I hope “Suffering Acute Metaphor” shows up on these folks’ medical charts.

15 Likes