Look at all the bored Trump fans walking out right during his speech

Originally published at: Look at all the bored Trump fans walking out right during his speech | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Given the alternative of them all staying, agawp or raptly attentive, I’d call this a win.

32 Likes

Some people leave concerts early to beat the traffic… maybe they’re cut from the same cloth?

10 Likes

90 minutes? I mean, it’s nice that some people now want to hear him less than he wants to hear himself, but I wouldn’t want to watch someone I like ramble through 90 minutes of stream-of-consciousness monologue. Ugh.

27 Likes

I’m sure Trump’s handlers will find a solution: lock them all in until he’s done.

17 Likes

If you’ll recall the freezing cold Nebraska rally, they’ve done that before.

30 Likes

Their lives were made no better since Trump gained office and sure as shit weren’t made any worse after he lost.

11 Likes

Tired, low energy grifter can’t keep the attention of easily gulled morons. Sad!

[is that within the character limit of the platform The Former Guy can no longer use?]

18 Likes

“When will we Make America Great?”
“Real Soon!”

20 Likes

Did they leave towards the end, to avoid traffic, or did they leave in the middle because they were bored? The two are very different things, and it doesn’t help the situation to mischaracterize it. It’s dishonest and it leaves us in another “who knew he was that popular?” situation down the road.

7 Likes

I agree. This has the look of ‘he’s just about done, let’s get a jump on the traffic’ style exit. Not a ‘he’s gone too far this time’ type of egress.

6 Likes

Are they, though?

Relatively few people would take early leave of a concert or a play or any other performance they found engaging and enjoyable just to save a couple minutes getting out of the parking lot.

The only kind of event where I regularly see that kind of behavior is at a sporting event where the outcome is a foregone conclusion.

25 Likes

26 Likes

Lacks the integrity to do something as useful as scooping crap, but it’s just right for holding a mound in place.

11 Likes

This isn’t a new phenomenon. People have been sitting quietly, getting bored, getting alarmed, and leaving since Day One. The people arranged carefully in the frame of the TV shot are either paid or hard-core types, but whenever they turn the camera around at these things it’s mostly people yawning and fidgeting among thousands of unfilled seats.

The whole point of his permanent campaign is to make you think the TV frame is the whole thing. Ask yourself, what’s the point of a rally? Who comes undecided to a Trump rally? He can only lose votes, and he does, every single time. But it’ll shake loose donations and attention from all the people who didn’t go that time.

21 Likes

Yeah - fair point. It might be an indicator of popularity waning… or not.

The big test is the 2022 elections. If the people Trump supports get elected, it will cement his status as a king maker. If they don’t, then he will be pushed aside by the grifters and non-crazies. If it is a mixed result, then we probably will have 2 more years of political floundering.

I guess we are lucky that Trump is deteriorating by the day, vs someone younger who could be getting better over time.

10 Likes

They were only paid to endure one hour of aural torture, so they left when their time was up.

5 Likes

They’d stay longer if there was a cross burning.

11 Likes

I’m actually a little concerned that Trump is no longer enough for them. They’re bored because they want an uprising. Their boredom is not going to make them reconsider their beliefs: it’s going to make them seek out someone more dangerous than Trump.

43 Likes

I’d be a lot happier about that if it wasn’t in part due to a new crop of trumpist politicians in office who can say all the same offensive, racists, evil things while also having the power to hurt a lot more people to demonstrate their commitment to cruelty.

4 Likes