Trump’s declining mental acuity on display

Originally published at: Trump’s declining mental acuity on display - Boing Boing

4 Likes

I believe it’s like when an adult is talking in Peanuts, only instead of “wahwahwah”, it’s swastikas.

34 Likes

the end of liberal democracy?

18 Likes

After calling Ron DeSantis “Ron DeSanctimonious” for so long he’s forgotten the man’s real name.

16 Likes

Something something “white grievance” something something “fuck you got mine” something something “own the libs”.

26 Likes

And, very clearly: Make America White Again.

14 Likes

Trump is just waxing his woke bone fides

2 Likes

It seems that shortly before giving up live shows, the Beatles simply pretended to sing and play their instruments, as they claimed that no one could hear anything over the hysterical screams of their fans. Perhaps the emotion caused by the former president doesn’t let fascinated audience to hear anything.

8 Likes

Does he even know that “Sanctus” means “Holy” in Latin?

10 Likes

16IU

10 Likes

No. No he does not.

14 Likes

We love the Latins, don’t we folks? Great people, great burrito bowls, they don’t always send us their best, but we love their food. Very religious people, they worship the pope. “La papa”, they call him. Beautiful language, the Latin language, but it’s not as beautiful as American, am I right? That’s why we’re going to make it so you have to speak American in America, and they can speak Latin in Latinia if they want, there are some places you go, you only hear them speaking Latin, that’s not right, is it folks? That’s why we’re going to send them, make them go, if they want to speak Latin, they should go to Latin countries overseas, like Mexico, or New Mexico, right folks? Only the ones who aren’t Americans. You know what I mean.

14 Likes

I don’t want to know what that’s a euphemism for.

5 Likes

I wonder if he’s actually speaking more absolute nonsense now than he was eight years ago. He was mentally unhinged then. Is he actually moreso? Or is it just “he’s still saying whatever rot is circulating in his brain and news media still covers it like it’s news”? … I don’t want to pay enough attention to him to find out. If I ignore him long enough he’ll go away. We’ll see who dies of old age first.

9 Likes

Just today a guy came up to me: big guy, strong guy, dead guy, tears streaming down his face. He said, “Sir, I died voting for you in the Iowa caucus like you said, but the priest giving me last rights started talking in Latin.” Can you believe it? Latin. This guy couldn’t stand for it. “Not in my America” he said. Now he’s eating his way through brains from Iowa all the way to New Mexico. There was a big beautiful wall there, do you remember it? I built it. And it will be back. Just vote for me even if it kills you and eat the brains. You know the brains I’m talking about, right? You know. It’s so simple.

18 Likes

Sigh.

It’s like it’s contagious or something.

6 Likes

you mean swahwahwahstikas?

18 Likes

It’s like he’s speaking in tongues for Nazi folks.

MAGAspeak and pass the snakes.

Cue the heavy metal preachers.

6 Likes

My own takeaway from the event was that there’s a reason Trump is no longer the cultural phenomenon he was in 2016. Yes, the novelty has worn off. But he also seems to have lost the instinct for entertainment that once made him so interesting to audiences. He relies on a shorthand legible only to his most dedicated followers, and his tendency to get lost in rhetorical cul-de-sacs of self-pity and anger wears thin. This doesn’t necessarily make him less dangerous. There is a rote quality now to his darkest rhetoric that I found more unnerving than when it used to command wall-to-wall news coverage.

These were my own impressions of the rally I attended; yours may very well be different. The only way to know is to see for yourself. Every four years, pundits try to identify the medium that will shape the presidential race—the “Twitter election,” the “cable-news election.” In 2024, with both parties warning of existential stakes for America, perhaps the best approach is to simply show up in real life.

I’ll take that under advisement.

8 Likes

This is probably why Trump made a genius strategic move out of never debating… That might go badly for him now.

9 Likes