Trump’s declining mental acuity on display

Pretty sure his fans are only listening for the dog whistles and not wasting what little brain power’s left parsing the rest. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

I think there’s been a massive amount of positive feedback. 8 years ago people still talked about Anyone But Trump Republicans. That’s all gone. He’s won Das Partei with an endless firehose of putrid sloganing I don’t want to waste brainspace on describing. Why would he change?

6 Likes

No thanks.

Non-paywalled link if anybody is interested in the article though:

https://archive.ph/f2tcf

14 Likes

There is less centrally-controlled discipline on the mouth machinery. When the words are fighting to be the first to emerge from Trump’s face-hole, there is no-one in charge to ensure that they cooperate among themselves and make their separate entraces in a meaningful sequence. You could define a “window of coherence” on Trump’s verbal output - how many words, centered on a given word, could be construed as part of a coherent grammatical sentence - and it has shrunk enormously. Executive function is an ex-parrot.

I heard some unedited Trumpspeak on the NZ news the other day. It began with a vaguely-comprehensible clause whinging that Biden can’t string two sentences together, followed by an endless, inchoate string of words emerging one after the other like anal beads, with no coordination from one clause-like fragment to the next, like an anaconda with its back broken in multiple places.

Afterthought: It is like the software has been downgraded from Chat-GPT to GPT2. Someone didn’t want to pay the license fee for the fully-functional version.

17 Likes

Thank you for the confirmation that my thoughts were too hopeful. Bless you for your sacrifice doing research.

4 Likes

Thanks for imagery.
Can you recommend a reliable venue for skull trepanation?
I need some bleach poured in.

6 Likes

Misgendering President Biden, in this example, certainly isn’t something he did, as he claims, on purpose.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some part of that reptilian brain of his is convinced that Hillary Clinton is President.

6 Likes

6 Likes

If someone was applying a large apple corer to my skull, my face would probably have a similar expression.

10 Likes
3 Likes

Not Doing That No Way GIF by CBC

6 Likes

I’m sure sure some of his followers will spin it as biting commentary on gender identification.

2 Likes

No. No he won’t. Unless the voters vote against him in sufficient numbers. If you ignore him it is unlikely that, if he is not voted against in enough numbers, he will ignore you.

10 Likes

This is exceedingly odd.

I swear on your beloved granny that I did not see this:

until 30 seconds ago.

What are the odds of two references to trepanation on BB in the span of a few hours?

Sorry for the OT!

4 Likes

Trepanation? It’s the logical progression from merely testing bumps on a head (phrenology, from the RFK Jr. thread). Maybe exposing a skull to soak up the invigorating ether explains the MAGA set? Literally opening up a mind to the point where one’s brains might fall out. We need Trump like we need another hole (or three) in our heads, there’s the on-topic link. :grin:

3 Likes

Going a bit daffy?

That’s because he always talks out of his ass.

4 Likes

That’s a really long way of saying Trump just says whatever he thinks people want to hear - even if it contradicts things he just said for someone else. And that his incoherent rambling is like a Rorschach test that lets his followers pull out a version of what he “clearly means” that lines up exactly with what they think.

ETA - there’s no skill or “innate sense of what will sell,” he’s just pointing a firehose of shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

5 Likes

Honestly, it really is a solid strategic move for Trump to skip the debates.

Debates are a forum for trying to convince undecided people to support a candidate or position. He doesn’t need to convince Republican primary voters to give him their support any more than Biden needs to convince Democratic primary voters to give him their support. Barring some major event both of them have their party nominations locked down already.

2 Likes

100% this. he often floats random ideas in front of his supporters to see what gets the biggest applause. it’s like workshopping by the world’s least funny comedian

his supporters shape him as much as he shapes them.

9 Likes