Gentleman skating in Central Park with Trump 2024 flag gets tackled

One of the main features of extreme assholery is the desire to demonstrate it in public.

Some people just THRIVE on hatred.

23 Likes

That’s an awfully long time to be skating around outdoors with a flag. It’s a safety hazard, pure and simple. Where were the skate guards?

12 Likes

They were in the video, in the red jackets.

10 Likes

Silly MAGA skater is a bit early. trump isn’t making his announcement until CPAC on the 25th.

9 Likes

They waited far too long, then.

3 Likes

From my viewing, it seemed that they were right on the guy from the moment he took his flag from over the boards and took off around the first turn.

ETA: the flag went over the boards, not the skater

8 Likes

[quote=“Senorwences, post:9, topic:192289, full:true”]
Christ, what a flagpole.
[/quote

3 Likes

Nazis want to be punched. Fascism feeds on outrage and false victimhood.

5 Likes

Bring on feeding time, then.

nazi-punch

19 Likes

I agree the rink operators should have capped capacity at a lower level than we see.

But OTOH, things outdoors with pretty open ventilation, especially when many/most people are masked properly (with the notable visible exception of The Gentleman In Question), are quite low-risk. The way people circulate at an ice rink, you’ll only have momentary proximity to any given stranger and would tend to stay nearby only to the friends/family you came to the rink with.

It’s important to give people opportunities to be in the world in ways that are lower risk, 'cause otherwise they will find higher-risk outlets for this impulse. Visiting with non-bubble friends indoors, for example.

It’s a better setup than outdoor dining IMO (let alone indoor, allowed at 25% capacity even in NYC right now). Also seems better than the photos that I’ve seen of, e.g., lift line situations at alpine ski mountains, where you’ll be near the same people on that line for the 10 or 20 or 30 minutes it takes to get from the back on to loading. Ideally still 6 foot distant but people have been falling short of that (anecdotally).

10 Likes

I think I would find Nazi-punching an enjoyable hobby, if I weren’t so frail and cowardly. But I think it’s probably a bad move, just giving them what they want. It’s probably more effective to double down on messages they hate, things about appreciating multiculturalism and so on.

That said, I don’t really have a solution, and fascists are quite punchable, and I like to watch the videos. So, eh, I guess I’ll just throw my hands up and enjoy my descent into hell. Wheee!

2 Likes

I haven’t punched any myself but I’m not going to get in the way if someone else wants to.

One way or another we need to show the fascists that they aren’t welcome. The only reason they didn’t get more traction in the United States back in the late-1930s/early-1940s is that the attack on Pearl Harbor suddenly made them unfashionable.

13 Likes

I tried not punching Nazis in real life. They just punched me.

Fascism feeds on it’s victims.

15 Likes

This reminds me of “Roller Ball”. I like how they only stop to have a fist fight.

I’m really hoping that Trump runs as an independent and rips the Republican Party in twain.

9 Likes

Except that that isn’t what the countries who are handling this well are doing. They are locking down hard. That’s how you stop a pandemic. All these half measures have led to half a million dead in the US.

9 Likes

Better, thank you.

3 Likes

Maybe they didn’t get the memo that the Wollman Rink association with the Trump organization was severed earlier this year?

Honestly I’m a little surprised this hasn’t become more of a gathering place for deplorables.

5 Likes

It looks as if it’s the so-called moderate Republicans who are considering forming a new party. THis may have the same effect as creating a split, but the GOP itself seems firmly in the hands of the fascists at the moment.

14 Likes

Maybe they can go for a three way split; “The Centre Right Party”, Continuity Republican Party and the Nazi Party?

6 Likes

The Dem establishment already has the “centre right” space reserved for itself, though.

5 Likes