President appointments: Pence already filling in for Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/02/president-appointments-pence-already-filling-in-for-trump.html

6 Likes

Could be that the President is just a big baby who gets out of sorts at the slightest sniffle?

35 Likes

Biden should go on national TV and declare: “I promise to NEVER EVER use the term “Smart” to refer to Donald Trump.”

25 Likes

The article is worded kind of conspiratorially, but anybody who has had COVID symptoms, even “mild” ones can tell you it makes you feel like shit. That call to him was some bullshit he didn’t care about so he had Pence take over.

8 Likes

And that is why the Conley statement that Trump would be able to “continue carrying out his duties without disruption while recovering” is not the statement of a physician. It is dictated by political optics. When statements are transparently political then they not only allow but invite reading between the lines and second guessing.
A “we’ll continue to closely monitor the president” would have been correct and weaselly enough for political purposes. They chose to overcompensate with more macho -hel’ll just keep working, bullshit.

18 Likes

The real question is when did he last tweet. Oh, 13 hours ago. Shit, it might actually be serious.

34 Likes

Well, to be fair, he’s doing as much work as he ever did, so…

35 Likes

Is Pence golfing tomorrow?

46 Likes

OK, get ready for the burqas. Except here in the USA, we’ll call them “Freedom Slankets”.

13 Likes

Suckers ain’t gonna grift themselves, ya know.

10 Likes

Seems to me this would be standard procedure, not sure why this seems to be alarming to anyone.

2 Likes

There are reports that Trump contracting Covid is a hoax, or “Fake News”. Talk about Double Karma. Ref: Fable “Chicken Little” - The Sky is Falling.

2 Likes

So, he’s going golfing?

5 Likes

One of our nurses had it and reported the fatigue being the worst of it. Loss of taste and smell was bad, but being too tired to care was worse.

23 Likes

Maybe Trump will use this opportunity to save face, and resign from the presidency, and halt his presidential campaign “for family and health reasons”, rather than have to admit he’s doing so badly at the poles, and is at a high risk of losing the election. That way, he can continue to say “I would have won if I stayed in the race”. A Win Win for everybody.

9 Likes

Trump may not be incapacitated by the physical symptoms yet, but he is probably having an epic narcissistic mental meltdown and is completely incapable of performing official duties. I’ll bet we don’t see or hear (as in voice, not tweet) from him again until/if he recovers.

6 Likes

I bet a ton of people around him get fired. He’s gonna need a bigger bus to throw people under.

2 Likes

Trump has never been capable of performing his official duties, so absolutely no change there.

19 Likes

Plus, announce that he’ll be running in 2024 once he’s feeling better, so he can keep his campaign/money-laundering operation going. They managed to evaporate a billion dollars of mostly MAGA small donations into various trump businesses and the pockets of Don Jr., Kimberly, etc. On top of that, he could have Pence pardon him a la Ford/Nixon.

9 Likes

Resigning to “Spend more time with family…”

16 Likes